Be Vigilant!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Pneumo

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
My application at Hopkins was complete, so I thought, at the end of August. I called the admissions office today to make sure (I haven't heard anything since getting e-mail confirming receipt of my secondary) I was complete. Turns out my photograph never arrived. Funny, I remember stapling it to my application.
Anyway, let this serve as a reminder. :rolleyes:
If you feel like something is wrong with an application, it probably is. I wonder if this will hurt my chances at Hopkins?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
most med school students are ugly, dont worry. They just want to make sure you're not lying about your race, if you put down URM.

You can't always tell race just by looking at a photograph. I think they want a photograph for the same reason than you need ID when you take the MCAT: just to make sure you are you.

photographs, as what an admissions office lady told me, were solely used by their school to make sure make sure that the applicant is the one who also took the MCAT.

i forgot that i got my pic taken for MCAT, though....

Yes, they need a photograph to review your application. Not that having a photograph helps the admissions committee. However, until they have your photograph, your Hopkins application will sit...and sit...and sit :mad:

I wonder where that original photograph I sent with my application ended up? Perhaps on the desk of some modeling agency?

Hey Pneumo,

I'll tell you your problem...you STAPLED the photo! There was a lengthy discussion not long ago on gluing versus taping versus stapling. Apparently you weren't vigilant back then. ;)

Seriously though, thanks for the heads up, and good luck.