Be wary of Loyola Secondary

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

agr285

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
This might have already been put up on another thread. I was trying to log on to the site to finalize my secondary for Loyola. On the login page, I accidently left the New User box checked instead switching it over to existing user, so it took me to a blank, new application. When I tried to login as an existing user, I still got a completely blank application. I was about the flip a **** because I thought I had erased my entire application. It turns out that if you accidently log in as a new user, the system closes out BUT doesn't erase your existing application. You just have to call admissions office to get it fixed. Btw, the people at Loyola are really nice and understanding. Moral of the story is to be very, very, very careful when you login to your Loyola secondary.

Members don't see this ad.

When were you verified and when did you get the Loyola secondary? All of my secondaries are done but I'm still waiting on Loyola :mad: I think I would make their "cut" with a 31 and a 3.5. My AMCAS was verified on 8/2.

i was verified 6/21 and got loyola 7/22...it takes awhile

Members don't see this ad :)
i was verified 6/21 and got loyola 7/22...it takes awhile

Thanks :) I just saw that you got an interview. Congrats! Do you mind if I ask what your stats are....Loyola is one of my top choices.

I was verified 7/21 and just got mine today.

When were you verified and when did you get the Loyola secondary? All of my secondaries are done but I'm still waiting on Loyola :mad: I think I would make their "cut" with a 31 and a 3.5. My AMCAS was verified on 8/2.

Thanks :) I just saw that you got an interview. Congrats! Do you mind if I ask what your stats are....Loyola is one of my top choices.

Thank you, it is one of my top choices too. I visited there this spring and I really enjoyed it, I could certainly see myself there for four years! I sent my application back on August 2, and I got the "complete" letter while I was on a 2 week trip between august 5-21. I'll PM you with the other stuff :)

Did anyone do the "refer to my AMCAS personal statement" thing on any of the questions? I want to for the how did you reach your decision to enter medicine question....but I'm nervous :eek:

For people that got interviews especially!

Did anyone do the "refer to my AMCAS personal statement" thing on any of the questions? I want to for the how did you reach your decision to enter medicine question....but I'm nervous :eek:

For people that got interviews especially!

I did the 'refer to ACMAS' for that question, since there's no point in completely reiterating your PS. I hate apps that make you repeat your amcas coursework and EC's. Why bother going through AMCAS if you're going to do it all again?