Beat the Boards group discount!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

swil21

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all!

It's (kind of) that time of year to start thinking about board prep.

A group of Psychiatry residents in Texas is trying to form a group of 50+ who are interested in using Beat the Boards to prep for 2018 boards so that we can get the 50% discount. People in the group can be from any specialty and any institution. Hoping to purchase by December/January.

Please message me for more details if you're interested in joining our growing group!

Thank you for your attention,

swil21

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
As someone who has benefited from the large group discount twice (gen psych & child psych), I would recommend this. Much better than paying full price as a resident!

I and a friend of mine are interested in getting beat the boards at a discounted price.

Would like to join the group and get more details.

Members don't see this ad :)
I wan to join the group. Please email me at shanxijingzhong at gmail

Hello all. Just an update: I am no longer organizing a group. My program is going a different route with respect to board prep;

However, if anyone remains interested in purchasing BTB with a group discount, I have found another group that is forming and would be happy to pass along your contact information to the organizer (assuming you respond sometime in the next week or two...after that, I'm afraid you will be on your own!). Didn't want to leave anyone high and dry.

Just a thought: Skip beat the boards. Just refresh Neuro and take the exam. Going through a large study guide will take at least a few days. If you can pass it cold (many do), you save yourself time and money. If you fail, there is little to no downside. The time you used working instead of studying will more than pay for the retest.

Reactions: 1 user
I appreciate the reasons behind why some people have chimed in encouraging people not to purchase BTB (i.e. I assume you are hoping to save others money and time). But this thread was started in an attempt to gather people to purchase BTB.

This goal no longer matters to me, but imagine if it did. Your contributions would be undermining. It is true that BTB is expensive and time-consuming, but it has also helped many people to pass the boards. BTB was initially recommended to me by a colleague who used it to great effect.

So I invite you that have commented in a dissenting way to consider starting your own thread to share your opinion, or responding on a thread wherein the explicit purpose is to solicit people's opinions regarding board prep options.

I appreciate the reasons behind why some people have chimed in encouraging people not to purchase BTB (i.e. I assume you are hoping to save others money and time). But this thread was started in an attempt to gather people to purchase BTB.

This goal no longer matters to me, but imagine if it did. Your contributions would be undermining.

I understand your point of view, but you (original poster) admitted above that your residency group has decided on a different program. If an alternative is better for your residency, alternatives may be better for others too.

BTB uses group discounts as an advertising strategy. If we can’t objectively discuss the merits of different study programs, the thread is merely an advertisement which is against the terms of service of SDN.

Reactions: 3 users
Hello all. Just an update: I am no longer organizing a group. My program is going a different route with respect to board prep;

However, if anyone remains interested in purchasing BTB with a group discount, I have found another group that is forming and would be happy to pass along your contact information to the organizer (assuming you respond sometime in the next week or two...after that, I'm afraid you will be on your own!). Didn't want to leave anyone high and dry.

do you know if the beat the boards group is still forming currently. I am trying to join a group to get the discount

do you know if the beat the boards group is still forming currently. I am trying to join a group to get the discount

(**Please note, I'm not the organizer, and future communications should point to [email protected]**

I've joined the following group, which advertised on a Facebook Psychiatry Group. We need ~26 more to get the 50% discount.)

"RESIDENTS AND FELLOWS - DISCOUNT on BEAT THE BOARD PREP COURSE GROUP!

For: General Psychiatry and Sub-specialty Fellows (Child, Addiction, Geri, CL) interested in buying Beat the Boards for their training/exam purposes at a discounted 50% off. Regular price >$1000.

Guarantee: 100% refund, additional 10% payment, online access for free until pass

Access is for one year and renewal another year is discounted and there is a guarantee pass -refund policy.

https://www.beattheboards.com/psychiatry-board-review-certification/

What do I need: Committed people wanting the Beat The Boards subscription for ANY exam (CL, Child, Addiction, Gen Psych), name, email and phone number.

EMAIL to: [email protected]

Once we obtain 25 more names, a code will be sent out to each person via email to purchase with a 50% off CODE to purchase within 72 hours.

Thanks for passing this information along to your residents and fellows!

Feel free to email me ([email protected]) for any questions at above."

Great job trying to get the discount. Good team effort! I was wondering if anyone is interested in studying BTB together? We can do it separately and meet regularly for motivation and clarification if needed. Please contact me if interested.

(**Please note, I'm not the organizer, and future communications should point to [email protected]**

I've joined the following group, which advertised on a Facebook Psychiatry Group. We need ~26 more to get the 50% discount.)

"RESIDENTS AND FELLOWS - DISCOUNT on BEAT THE BOARD PREP COURSE GROUP!

For: General Psychiatry and Sub-specialty Fellows (Child, Addiction, Geri, CL) interested in buying Beat the Boards for their training/exam purposes at a discounted 50% off. Regular price >$1000.

Guarantee: 100% refund, additional 10% payment, online access for free until pass

Access is for one year and renewal another year is discounted and there is a guarantee pass -refund policy.

https://www.beattheboards.com/psychiatry-board-review-certification/

What do I need: Committed people wanting the Beat The Boards subscription for ANY exam (CL, Child, Addiction, Gen Psych), name, email and phone number.

EMAIL to: [email protected]

Once we obtain 25 more names, a code will be sent out to each person via email to purchase with a 50% off CODE to purchase within 72 hours.

Thanks for passing this information along to your residents and fellows!

Feel free to email me ([email protected]) for any questions at above."

Is this opportunity still available? If not, anyone know of any other groups trying to get a discount? I am interested...