Mar 5, 2010
Status
Pre-Medical
Hey all,

In your opinion which is a better test prep course: Kaplan or Princeton Review (PR)?

PR is cheaper and has more in-class lecture hours.
Kaplan has 2 more CBTs than PR.

I found similar threads about this discussion but none more recent than 2008. Wondering if someone can provide more up-to-date info & opinions.

Charles_Carmichael

Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
May 11, 2008
Status
Non-Student
The first thing you want to do is to absolutely make sure you want to take a prep course. Ask if you can sit in for a lecture with each company or something like that to help you decide. These things are not cheap and you don't want to take a prep course and realize part-way through that it's not helping you at all; it's what happened to me and it was a huge waste of time and money, unfortunately. Other than that, the thread SN2ed linked is a good one to go over for a general opinion. Good luck!

apc

7+ Year Member
Mar 13, 2010
Status
Pre-Medical
Agreed.
Make sure you want a lecture course, because it's not something you need.
All the material could be obtained elsewhere.
I was in your shoes a couple of weeks ago, but have now decided to tackle the beast alone.

Mar 5, 2010
Status
Pre-Medical
Thanks SN2, that was really helpful.

@ Kaushik & apc: I guess the only reason one would need a review course is to stick to a strict schedule. I was considering it mainly because I'm almost 2 years removed from when I took those core classes and figured I'd need to relearn a lot of the material. Seems like a daunting task to accomplish on my own :eek: