Beaumont Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Taylor Program (Michigan)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

baclofriends

Reaction score
Hi! I am one of the PM&R residents at Beaumont Hospital in Taylor, Michigan and I am writing this on behalf of my program. I want to let those interested in PM&R know that our program is "new" as it recently transitioned from Wayne State University to Beaumont Health. The program originally began in 2009 under Wayne State sponsorship (at Beaumont Taylor, not DMC in Detroit) and it transitioned to Beaumont Health on 7/1/18. So now there are 2 PM&R programs in Beaumont Health- one in Royal Oak and one in Taylor. As a resident that went through the transition, I can tell you that my education has not changed. It is still a great place to learn; however, the program is now much more stable as Beaumont has more resources compared to Wayne. We have young and energetic faculty who are eager to teach so I feel very comfortable in this program. I look forward to meeting you!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
I just got an interview scheduled! I can't wait!!! Any recommendations?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Why is your program one of two on probation in all of PM&R?

One of our fourth years rotated at one of the involved programs during the mess last year and I’m curious what has changed since?

What are the positives about the program with the transition?
HI!

Sorry for the late response. The positives include: a more stable learning environment; more attention from the leaders of Beaumont graduate medical education (the DIO's); more core faculty who are dedicated to education; and more responsive hospital administration. It's been a great transition and there's bee in a 180 degree turnaround. Hope this helps

Why is your program one of two on probation in all of PM&R?

One of our fourth years rotated at one of the involved programs during the mess last year and I’m curious what has changed since?

Hi!

My program is not on probation. My PD told us that we have continued accreditation with warning. When we were a Wayne State program we had a lot of supervision issues due to faculty leaving. That has since changed since the transition because we have more core faculty and I think the faculty have banded together to establish a better learning environment. I've been happy with the transition!

Hi! I am one of the PM&R residents at Beaumont Hospital in Taylor, Michigan and I am writing this on behalf of my program. I want to let those interested in PM&R know that our program is "new" as it recently transitioned from Wayne State University to Beaumont Health. The program originally began in 2009 under Wayne State sponsorship (at Beaumont Taylor, not DMC in Detroit) and it transitioned to Beaumont Health on 7/1/18. So now there are 2 PM&R programs in Beaumont Health- one in Royal Oak and one in Taylor. As a resident that went through the transition, I can tell you that my education has not changed. It is still a great place to learn; however, the program is now much more stable as Beaumont has more resources compared to Wayne. We have young and energetic faculty who are eager to teach so I feel very comfortable in this program. I look forward to meeting you!
Hey Doc. Really interested in the program for this years match. Would love to chat more privately. Thanks for your time and consideration!

Hey how’s it going? I tried to direct message but it doesn’t allow me to. I’ll be applying this year (late) and really interested in applying to these programs. I met some of the residents at the AAP conference in San Juan and they were great people! Would really appreciate an opportunity to ask you some questions or get some guidance if you have some time.

Hey Doc. Really interested in the program for this years match. Would love to chat more privately. Thanks for your time and consideration!

Hi JustTryingtoMD,

Sorry, I just saw your message. I haven't logged on for a while. I'm happy to answer your questions. Shoot them over!

Hey how’s it going? I tried to direct message but it doesn’t allow me to. I’ll be applying this year (late) and really interested in applying to these programs. I met some of the residents at the AAP conference in San Juan and they were great people! Would really appreciate an opportunity to ask you some questions or get some guidance if you have some time.

Hi vbay,

Let me know how I may help! I'm open to answer any of your questions.