Because this site is more helpful than the PCAT booklet...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Principessa07

Jr. Drug Dealer
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have noticed a trend in people saying they have or will take[n] the PCAT twice. I was just wondering a couple things: if i was to take it twice, would I have to pay twice? and also, if you took the test twice, how would your actual mark be calculated? would they take the highest score, or average them out ? that pretty much makes or breaks whether im going to take it in october or not.

Members don't see this ad.

I have noticed a trend in people saying they have or will take[n] the PCAT twice. I was just wondering a couple things: if i was to take it twice, would I have to pay twice? and also, if you took the test twice, how would your actual mark be calculated? would they take the highest score, or average them out ? that pretty much makes or breaks whether im going to take it in october or not.

Do you have to pay for a retake? YES

How would your actual mark be calculated? You get a specific set of scores solely based upon the corresponding test you took. Schools can either look at the best composite and/or set of section scores, average, or add scaled scores from the best administration. In general, schools look at the best set of scores with emphasis on the composite but some schools work differently.

ooooooooh okay, yeah i figured it would be up to the schools to decide. guess i better find out fast since deadline for october test is soon ! thanks
... however im questioning whether its worth it.. ill only be half way through chem 1, bio 2 and calc 2.. and not have even started my chem 2, phys 2 or micb

ooooooooh okay, yeah i figured it would be up to the schools to decide. guess i better find out fast since deadline for october test is soon ! thanks
... however im questioning whether its worth it.. ill only be half way through chem 1, bio 2 and calc 2.. and not have even started my chem 2, phys 2 or micb

I wouldn't take it then. At the very minimum, you should have finished Bio 1 and 2, Chem 1 and 2, Calc 1 and 2, and preferably Orgo 1, and a Phys course before taking the PCAT. Physics won't help you and Microbio on the PCAT isn't as advanced as the class, so you will be okay reviewing that on your own.

Members don't see this ad :)
if you ate at mcdonald twice a day do you have to pay for one big mac or two? christ