becoming a pharmacist after a chemistry bachelor

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

marie4359

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I really want to become a pharmacist after I get my bachelor degree in chemistry. The main thing I want to know is: Can I become a pharmacist after a master degree in pharmacy even if I didn't do a bachelor in pharmacy ? Will I be able to work in drug manufacturing or medical laboratory (as a pharmacist) after a master?
Thank you

Members don't see this ad.

Hello everyone,
I really want to become a pharmacist after I get my bachelor degree in chemistry. The main thing I want to know is: Can I become a pharmacist after a master degree in pharmacy even if I didn't do a bachelor in pharmacy ? Will I be able to work in drug manufacturing or medical laboratory (as a pharmacist) after a master?
Thank you
Bachelor degree of any kind is not required to enter pharmacy school, in which you will earn a PharmD. You may want to think about investing even the minimum amount of effort in researching what is required on your own before deciding this is what you want to do. It certainly is not for everyone. Lots of people learn or decide they hate it after graduation once it is too late.

Pharmacy is what I've always wanted to do and I'm sure that's what I want, the only reason I decided to do a bachelor of chemistry is because there isn't a bachelor of pharmacy in my country. I made research about the PharmD and it says that it takes 4 years and

Members don't see this ad :)
and as you said I don't need a bachelor . But I don't understand what are "pre-pharmacy requirements" ? It's classes you have to take in specific subjets apparently but as I will already have a bachelor degree will I still need these pre-pharmacy requirements ? Thank you for your help

Yes you only have to complete the specific requirements for each school that they set forth. The completion of a degree might be a positive aspect on your application but is not specifically required by most schools. From what I've seen, having a degree may get you out of having to take the PCAT for some schools.