Becoming an ortho synthes rep???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bankingdom

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Originally posted by bankingdom
Anyone know how one goes about becoming a rep for synthes. You know those guys who come to the OR with thier supplies and explain to the surgeons the proper way to use thier tools and stuff like that. I figure it would be a great way meet ortho surgeons and learn about ortho products and make some good cash in the meantime....

Any thoughts???

Call the company or check its website for employment opportunities. Those jobs are not easy. The have quotas and are at the beck and call of the Pods. Not only that, the Pods don't really respect them too much (although the do seem appreciative when they bring in something at 3 am). Bright side is that they make good dough.

Ed

Ugh...I dont think i'd like that job. It basically consists of sucking up to the orthopod after the first few times he uses whatever it is you're selling, as by then hes used to it and doesnt need help. Its not just sucking up to the surgeon either...its sucking up to the staff too. If someone ****s up....especially Sterile Processing...its your ass too....like if one of the many instruments in the tray is damaged but not replaced...saw that happen to a synthes rep once...doc was not happy

I always like knee replacement days at the hospital at home because the zimmer guy brings donuts!