becoming discouraged, thinking of applying to PA school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bossman313

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all,
so i graduated in 2019 with a BS in psych. OGPA: 3.3, SGPA: 3.15. Took my DAT the first time and scored a 17 AA. During that year, I went out of state to pursue a masters program and things didnt work out so I went back home. I started at the masters of science program at my local university med school. I got a 3.5 GPA thus far. I retook my DAT in july and scored a 20 AA. I submitted my supplemental apps at the end of july. MW Arizona has put me on their interview waitlist and MW Illinois rejected me for not putting my volunteer opportunities on there (which I later on fixed). Overall, I have applied to 15 schools and have not received one interview. I am debating on whetther or not to apply to PA school as a back up plan. I am continuing the masters which by the end of this semester Ill have 17 credits.Has anyone tried applying to both fields? I know not to apply to schools that have a PA and Dental school, but since they use similar sites for applying, is there a way they can find out I applied to another field?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hello all,
so i graduated in 2019 with a BS in psych. OGPA: 3.3, SGPA: 3.15. Took my DAT the first time and scored a 17 AA. During that year, I went out of state to pursue a masters program and things didnt work out so I went back home. I started at the masters of science program at my local university med school. I got a 3.5 GPA thus far. I retook my DAT in july and scored a 20 AA. I submitted my supplemental apps at the end of july. MW Arizona has put me on their interview waitlist and MW Illinois rejected me for not putting my volunteer opportunities on there (which I later on fixed). Overall, I have applied to 15 schools and have not received one interview. I am debating on whetther or not to apply to PA school as a back up plan. I am continuing the masters which by the end of this semester Ill have 17 credits.Has anyone tried applying to both fields? I know not to apply to schools that have a PA and Dental school, but since they use similar sites for applying, is there a way they can find out I applied to another field?
it's still early in the process...

Reactions: 2 users
I agree. I have the same GPAs without a masters and a 21 DAT and have gotten 3 interviews so far. Trust the process and dont lose hope just yet.

Members don't see this ad :)
Keep your head up. Trust me im in the same boat. I am already establishing a back up plan in my mind for next cycle, but the thing is its not over until its over. If you haven't heard anything by march, then maybe readjust. You should keep in mind that your sGPA is going to strengthen at the end of the semester, so when you update your app they will see that. I haven't received any invites yet either. MW-az rejected out right due to my low science gpa and later application. i also applied to 28 schools!

Last edited by a moderator:
Keep in mind that PA schools can actually be harder to get into than Dental School because of high GPA limits and required shadowing hours. But like others have said, just keep waiting as it's still early.

I started dental school at 31, keep your head up kid. However, PA can be a great career move if you land the right gig, others will work you to death.