beefed updates

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

runner

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I don't know about anyone else, but life for me has slowed down in the last few weeks. after a year of working full time, studying for the mcats, applying to school and going to interviews, i am finding that i have a lot more free time now.
So here's my question:

is there any value in getting involved in some new actviites that might also help my candidacy and better my chances of getting of the waitlist at my first choice

or

should i just relax and enjoy the first breather that i have had in as many years as i can remember and enjoy this time before school starts????

thanks, i would appreciate some advice:)

Members don't see this ad.

yes, i do have 2 acceptances but i have been waitlisted at my first choice.

Members don't see this ad :)
If you have 2 acceptances already then I'm sure your application is strong and some tacked on extras probably won't be the final determining factor. I'd enjoy the time off and relax.

well then send a letter of intent to ur first choice school and do everything u can to let them know u are still interested. i dont know if u will want to go all the way but u could improve ur clinical skills by volunteering in the hospital or if it is a research oriented school, u could partake in a short term research. dont do more than u have to do and only do it because u want to .

but relax and start preparing cos either way u are going to med school. enjoy the remaining months, really!