Been over a month and haven’t heard anything?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

yuh

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Applied to ~25 schools and haven’t heard anything from 1 school sending secondary. It’s been over a month since I completed my AMCAS. I understand COVID is pushing back the schedule, but I haven’t even received secondaries from schools that don’t screen. Is anyone else in this position? What, if anything, should I do?

Members don't see this ad.

Applied to ~25 schools and haven’t heard anything from 1 school sending secondary. It’s been over a month since I completed my AMCAS. I understand COVID is pushing back the schedule, but I haven’t even received secondaries from schools that don’t screen. Is anyone else in this position? What, if anything, should I do?
A month since you complete AMCAS? do you mean submitted? verified? transmitted?

Members don't see this ad :)
Patience is a virtue; the need for instant gratification is not.

Schools stratify the apps as they come in and don't send out secondaries or IIs merely in chronological order.

Secondaries are often a tax on the hopelessly naïve, if not pathologically optimistic.

In the mean time, stay busy!

Patience is a virtue; the need for instant gratification is not.

Schools stratify the apps as they come in and don't send out secondaries or IIs merely in chronological order.

Secondaries are often a tax on the hopelessly naïve, if not pathologically optimistic.

In the mean time, stay busy!
I absolutely LOVE your platitudes, but this time you really didn't answer the question. OP probably isn't verified, and that's probably the correct answer. Otherwise, taxes, stratification, patience and instant gratification really aren't relevant, and zero secondaries over one month after 25 submissions is indicative of a serious issue that needs to be resolved, not lack of patience! :)

Reactions: 1 user
Not verified yet. Should’ve mentioned that. Realized that it can take up to 6 weeks. Thanks.

Not verified yet. Should’ve mentioned that. Realized that it can take up to 6 weeks. Thanks.

It might take longer. But some schools might send sec before receiving your primary but not many. So just keep busy prewriting your secondaries so you are all set to submit when you do get them! Are your letters in?

Reactions: 1 user
Yeah, well that's a pretty important detail! While, as mentioned above, some schools MIGHT send a secondary without a verified primary, most won't. So, the obvious answer to the question "What, if anything, should I do?" is "GET VERIFIED"!!!!!! :) You have no right to expect anything before then, and no reason to be disappointed.

Status
Not open for further replies.