been working for 2 years...should i do a gpr?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dent

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys...
I've been working for a little more than 2 years (graduated in 06) and am interested in doing peds. However, I have mid 80 board scores (86, 84) and a pretty low gpa (about 2.8 or 2.9?... don't really remember exactly). I am currently an associate dentist in s.cali right now and my husband and I are planning to move out of state (b/c of his job). There is not a peds residency anywhere near our relocation area... but there is a gpr program....Would doing a gpr with some emphasis on peds help me get into a peds residency? His job is a 2 year commitment and then we are planning to move to nyc afterwards. The gpr opportunity I believe is a 2 year program... it will be extremely hard to take a big paycut for 2 years and then have someone check my work ... however, if it will greatly increase my chances to get into peds... it might be worth it?

What do you guys think?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm still a dental student so take what I say with a grain of salt, but unless the particular GPR you were looking at is really focused on Peds I don't see how it would be more beneficial to your CV than two more years as an associate.