Beer +

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

docB

Chronically painful
Moderator Emeritus
Lifetime Donor
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone else seen this?

http://www.anheuser-busch.com/news/BtoE_100404.htm

What an extraordinarily bad idea. I can’t wait. Now I’ll get to see drunks who also have palpitations, tachycardia and the caffeine jitters. All the bad news of alcohol and Red Bull together.

Members don't see this ad.

southerndoc said:
Vodka and Red Bull is a very common drink in Connecticut and the NYC metro area.

Was wondering when a beer company would seize on the opportunity.

Does this mean that you pee twice as much after drinking it? (2 different diuretics in one!)

Members don't see this ad :)
southerndoc said:
Vodka and Red Bull is a very common drink in Connecticut and the NYC metro area.

:laugh: There's a great pun in there even if you didn't mean it. If you did then kudos.

You shouldnt mess with beer anyway. It is perfect just the way it is.

This is great. Does away with the tiredness that excessive beer intake can create. Drink longer, drink more. Also, you'll be able to feel like you can drive a lot longer.

docB said:
Has anyone else seen this?

http://www.anheuser-busch.com/news/BtoE_100404.htm

What an extraordinarily bad idea. I can’t wait. Now I’ll get to see drunks who also have palpitations, tachycardia and the caffeine jitters. All the bad news of alcohol and Red Bull together.
Jagerbombs ended up being "The official drink" of my Las Vegas trip. Go figure! :laugh:

Having thought about it for a few days I know why this is such a stupid idea. No one ever just drinks 1 or 2 beers. Never. If they say they did then I don't believe them. I see pts periodically who drank 5-6 red bulls and wind up with palpitations. I see pts frequently who drink 2 (aka 18) beers and wind up passed out in the gutter lying in their on excrement. This product just gaurentees that people will drink it to excess and get the Red Bull effect in addition to the alcohol.

docB said:
Having thought about it for a few days I know why this is such a stupid idea. No one ever just drinks 1 or 2 beers. Never. If they say they did then I don't believe them. I see pts periodically who drank 5-6 red bulls and wind up with palpitations. I see pts frequently who drink 2 (aka 18) beers and wind up passed out in the gutter lying in their on excrement. This product just gaurentees that people will drink it to excess and get the Red Bull effect in addition to the alcohol.
Actually, I'd be telling you the truth that I only had 2 beers on Sunday night. Of course if you probed a little further, I'd confess to having 6 or 7 Jagerbombs and a few $11 shots of tequila at the MGM as well. :smuggrin:

southerndoc said:

Red Bull + Vodka

or

Red Bull + Jager (AKA "Jager Blaster" or "Jager Bomb")

= extremely common in bars Texas and Oklahoma.

leviathan said:
Actually, I'd be telling you the truth that I only had 2 beers on Sunday night. Of course if you probed a little further, I'd confess to having 6 or 7 Jagerbombs and a few $11 shots of tequila at the MGM as well. :smuggrin:
I just had lunch at the MGM on Friday. Emeril's wouldn't make a Jagerbomb and they don't have the new Budweiser palpitron beer yet so I made it out OK.

I've been drunk in many differnt states and Redbull & vodka and jagerbombs are common everywhere i've been.

My friend went a little nuts on rb&v on day. He tried to stab a couple of us but instead just cut himself. Yeah... he doesnt drink that anymore. We also have to keep him away from whiskey. Other than him i've never seen anyone have a problem after drinking alot of them.

Members don't see this ad :)
JaySin said:
I've been drunk in many differnt states and Redbull & vodka and jagerbombs are common everywhere i've been.

My friend went a little nuts on rb&v on day. He tried to stab a couple of us but instead just cut himself. Yeah... he doesnt drink that anymore. We also have to keep him away from whiskey. Other than him i've never seen anyone have a problem after drinking alot of them.

Your friend wouldn't be a surgeon would he?

A friend of mine drank over a dozen red bulls and vodka during an 6+ hour poker session in Vegas. Incredibly drunk, and hyped out of his mind, he complained about "feeling funny". Really? You think nearly 1000 mg of caffiene and over 18 ounces of vodka will make you feel funny? Strange...

SanDiegoSOD said:
A friend of mine drank over a dozen red bulls and vodka during an 6+ hour poker session in Vegas. Incredibly drunk, and hyped out of his mind, he complained about "feeling funny". Really? You think nearly 1000 mg of caffiene and over 18 ounces of vodka will make you feel funny? Strange...
Well, I certainly felt funny as well, but I guess you gotta go a little crazy while you're down there. Poor DocB for having to clean up the aftermath of less fortunate souls.

leviathan said:
Well, I certainly felt funny as well, but I guess you gotta go a little crazy while you're down there. Poor DocB for having to clean up the aftermath of less fortunate souls.
It's all worth it when the highly caffeinated drunks look up and ask "What do you think is wrong with me?"

I had it last fall. I HATE beer, and I liked this a little better than beer, which means that most beer drinkers will hate it!!

The bartender gave it to me for free ;).

No. He did NOT receive anything in return.

I live right near the New Haven line. Take the train and come visit!!