Behavioral Science for Western and Touro

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nm825

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So, I was an economics major, but unfortunately I didn't take any behavioral science classes while at school. I think my stats are pretty competitive for Western and Touro (3.66 c, 3.43 s, and 13/11/11=35 MCAT), and I would love to be in either of these programs, but I don't know if it's possible at this point because I lack the behavioral science, which is insanely frustrating.

A) Should I even apply to these programs?

B) Do any of the Touro or Western programs accept economics courses or philosophy courses for the behavioral science requirement?

Members don't see this ad.

Western will substitute similar courses for behav sci, and philosophy may do it. If not, you can use the time after you get accepted to finish it.

As for Touro, they pretty much told me they'll find something to make it work.

So I wouldn't worry, but you can call and make sure.

Members don't see this ad :)
Western will substitute similar courses for behav sci, and philosophy may do it. If not, you can use the time after you get accepted to finish it.

As for Touro, they pretty much told me they'll find something to make it work.

So I wouldn't worry, but you can call and make sure.

So, essentially, I can apply to both schools and just take a soc. and psych. class the spring before school at a community college, if they don't take what I have?

So, essentially, I can apply to both schools and just take a soc. and psych. class the spring before school at a community college, if they don't take what I have?

Yes I believe you can complete the requirements at any time, as long as you do it before you matriculate. Like I said, make sure to ask because you most likely won't even need to.

uhh ok more questions... so here is the official list from AACOMAS for reference:
Behavioral Science
Anthropology
Community Health
Criminal Justice
Educational Psychology
Ethnic Studies
Human Sexuality
Marriage/Family
Personal Health
Physiological Ethics
Psychology
Social Science
Social Work/Sociology

"ethnic studies" - wth does that mean?
can anyone wager a guess if an "Intro to the Middle East" (as ethnic studies) or "Public Policy and Environmental Law" class (maybe Community Health) work? this list is confusing.

Just apply. This is the kind of requirement that they'd be wasting their time if they're trying to screen and scrutinize applications for. Philosophy should do it, in any case.