behavioral science shelf

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

troopersmama

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey all

i was wondering what people found useful and timely in studying for the behavioral science shelf exam. i found the old threat from several years ago suggesting "kaplan bs" as the best book to study. is this kaplan and saddocks synopsis book? it seems rather dense as a source.

please let me know!

thanks thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Hi,
Since this isn't a question about studying for the USMLE/COMLEX Step 1, I'm going to go ahead and move this thread to our allopathic forum.

Hi...

A really nice book for shelf prep is BRS Behavioral Science by Fadem. Its actually more than you need for the shelf exam. Hope that helps.

Members don't see this ad :)
How much of Behavioral Science is actually on STEP 1? My school does not make us take a shelf on this topic since a lot of the related material will be "covered by other courses" like ethics. However, they MORE than WENT OUT OF THEIR WAY to make the exams we take in this class RIDICULOUSLY difficult and extraordinarily minutia-oriented. It's insane. Makes me hate this subject with a passion.

I heard kaplan lecture notes, videos, pretest questions and FA, and your set. That what I'm doing for my upcoming shelf.