Being a teacher assistant

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TurkSurg

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
my physics professor asked me if I would like to be a teacher assistant for next semester. all I'm going to do is help her grade the tests.
will this look good on my amcas app.?

PS: I'm already doing research and ~14hr volunteering/week as my activities

Members don't see this ad.

that's it? grade tests? no teaching?

no teaching, just grading.
but I will teach organic chemistry to a class.. that's for another professor though

Members don't see this ad :)
yea.. i wouldn't do it..

my physics professor asked me if I would like to be a teacher assistant for next semester. all I'm going to do is help her grade the tests.
will this look good on my amcas app.?

PS: I'm already doing research and ~14hr volunteering/week as my activities

Do it. And you can offer to tutor some kids a couple hours a week in addition to that. I did something similar n put it in my amcas.

how about only take the gig if you can tutor, run a review session, etc... otherwise.. this seems like resume filler, which is time wasted where you could be doing something more productive

if there's money involved then it's up to you whether you need the extra cash (and whether the amount of money offered is worth it)

if there isn't money involved then the prof is just using you and you should absolutely refuse

how about only take the gig if you can tutor, run a review session, etc... otherwise.. this seems like resume filler, which is time wasted where you could be doing something more productive

+1...good advice..