Being on multiple waitlists after May 15th in addition to an acceptance?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Goldenhair

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can we remain on more than one waitlists after May 15th if we have an acceptance?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes, you can. Just can't have more than 1 acceptance. I'm not sure though if schools will still consider you after May 15th if no decision has been made post-interview.

I'm waiting on UIC post-interview. One time I called, they told me that they could still make me an offer post May 15th. The second time I called, I was told that I'd automatically be removed from their list of prospective candidates!! Anyone know for sure about this?

apologies in advance for being a total idiot, since this thread seems pretty darn clear already.

but do the rules change if we turn in a deposit to a particular school? e.g. let's say i'm accepted to school A, and turn in a deposit to school A, but i'm still on the waitlist at B and C.

does the fact that i turned in a deposit to A preclude me from accepting at B later on, should they accept me sometime this summer?

(or maybe a deposit was implicit in the the word "acceptance" in the previous posts? i don't know how it works since i just got my first acceptance today).

do the rules change if we turn in a deposit to a particular school? e.g. let's say i'm accepted to school A, and turn in a deposit to school A, but i'm still on the waitlist at B and C.

does the fact that i turned in a deposit to A preclude me from accepting at B later on, should they accept me sometime this summer?

(or maybe a deposit was implicit in the the word "acceptance" in the previous posts? i don't know how it works since i just got my first acceptance today).

If you are offered a spot from a waitlist, you can accept it and retract your first acceptance, but after May 15 you cannot get the deposit back that you paid to school A. If you do not pay the deposit, school A will not hold your spot. Congrats on your first acceptance.

If you are offered a spot from a waitlist, you can accept it and retract your first acceptance, but after May 15 you cannot get the deposit back that you paid to school A. If you do not pay the deposit, school A will not hold your spot. Congrats on your first acceptance.

ditto that.

Thanks you guys, both for the clarification and for the congratulations!

apologies in advance for being a total idiot, since this thread seems pretty darn clear already.

but do the rules change if we turn in a deposit to a particular school? e.g. let's say i'm accepted to school A, and turn in a deposit to school A, but i'm still on the waitlist at B and C.

You can stay on the waitlists until the day you attend orientation or classes. Regardless of paying deposits.