Being tested on stuff thats not even in the aamc outline?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Unfortunately i cant disclose the question but I specifically checked and there were a couple questions that for sure werent in the aamc outline or in any prep book I have. How is this considered a viable test if you're tested on undisclosed topics? I mean I hate to complain but wtf, lol.

Members don't see this ad.

Option 1: The content of the question can be construed to fall under a heading in the outline in an unusual way.

Option 2: Are there experimental discretes? Even then they shouldn't be asking about non-testable material, but despite the new material for the 2015 MCAT planned for trial in the optional section in 2013-2014, I can see an experimental discrete covering 2015 material being a possibility here.

although im not allowed to discuss about option 2 i will say there is a strong possibility you're right.

it was def not under any heading for option 1.

I felt the same way about May 24th MCAT...a lot of questions felt like they came out of nowhere. Also, I felt that VR was not too bad. Did anyone else feel this way also?

Members don't see this ad :)
I felt the same way about May 24th MCAT...a lot of questions felt like they came out of nowhere. Also, I felt that VR was not too bad. Did anyone else feel this way also?

VR not as bad as aamc. But a cheap shot with the sciences...wow.

PS I felt was horrible...and BS had a passage which was testing us on something I have never seen before in any review book haaha

BS made no sense. Can't even see some of them as being experimental since they're phasing out topics like orgo in 2015. VR had some very easy passages and questions and a couple very hard ones. I was so nervous/surprised I completely forgot what was even on PS.

I thought VR was hard and i usually think it's easy. I felt like PS wasnt TOO bad, but BS was just absolutely ridiculous on some parts.