Belmont University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anybody received a confirmation after you sent in your deposit?

The only confirmation that I got was that they cashed my check. It took about another two weeks and I got a packet for financial aid. There are links on their website for a background check and for health stuff. However all if it is for 2008, none of it is set up for this year yet.

I'm hoping they fix that soon so I can get it done and out of the way.

Members don't see this ad.

I just sent mine last week, and haven't received anything yet. I'm hoping to get some info this week. When did you send yours?

I sent mine in a while ago. They have since "cash" it but I didn't get any additional info. I'm hoping it come soon so I can Get the ball rolling.

I just sent mine last week, and haven't received anything yet. I'm hoping to get some info this week. When did you send yours?

I sent mine in around the first week of March. I called Belmont Central and they received my check on March 10 and noticed that my check was cashed over the weekend. As of yet, I haven't received anything.

Members don't see this ad :)
I just got an invite for April 7th! Any one else got an invite too? I almost missed the invitation email because it got sent to my spam box.

I got an email this morning too. I denied the invite, so good luck to whoever gets my spot!!! :)

I just got an invite for April 7th! Any one else got an invite too? I almost missed the invitation email because it got sent to my spam box.

Congratulations on your recent run of interview invites! I think you'll really like Belmont! I know I did! That makes 6 total. If you follow my pattern, that's all you'll need. :luck::xf:

I got an invite for April 7th too! I can't wait to visit the school and meet students/staff.

Congratulations on your recent run of interview invites! I think you'll really like Belmont! I know I did! That makes 6 total. If you follow my pattern, that's all you'll need. :luck::xf:

Thanks. Yea, I'm catching up with you in terms of the number of invites. However, receiving an acceptance letter would be nice. :D

has anyone ever asked for a deferement from belmont or knows how the deferement works?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey i didn't get one :(. Were all of them sent today?

If you applied kind of late (as in right before the deadline), then don't worry just yet. They still have one more date in May. Probably the first Tuesday of the month.

I sent mine in around the first week of March. I called Belmont Central and they received my check on March 10 and noticed that my check was cashed over the weekend. As of yet, I haven't received anything.

I received a financial aid packet telling me how much I am receiving plus some information about the different types of loans.

I received a financial aid packet telling me how much I am receiving plus some information about the different types of loans.

You did your FAFSA Gamma? I still have to complete that. Damn Taxes.

Hey guys, I received an interview invitation (on April 7th) from Belmont on Tuesday March 17th. I just got it today after came back from vacation and just emailed to decline since I got into my top choice school. I hope that they send out more invitations this week. Good luck to all of you.

I declined my interview invitation as well so hopefully that will open up another spot for someone. Good luck to everyone and don't give up yet, they still have an interview date in may too!

Hey everyone, I just made a Facebook group for Belmont SOP c/o 2013. For those that are attending Belmont I have included the link to the group below. It is a closed group. Come meet your classmates, discuss issues, find roommates, etc! Just send me a message and I will invite you in.

There is another such group but it is open. I would like to keep this group for student that plans to attend Belmont. Thanks.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=62690241851

I also got an interview april 7! Good luck everyone and congrats to those already accepted!

Hey everyone, I just made a Facebook group for Belmont SOP c/o 2013. For those that are attending Belmont I have included the link to the group below. It is a closed group. Come meet your classmates, discuss issues, find roommates, etc! Just send me a message and I will invite you in.

There is another such group but it is open. I would like to keep this group for student that plans to attend Belmont. Thanks.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=62690241851

I'd love to join ya, but I hate social networking websites, ie myspace, facebook, etc. If you set up a yahoogroups for emails let me know.

I'd love to join ya, but I hate social networking websites, ie myspace, facebook, etc. If you set up a yahoogroups for emails let me know.

There is really no harm in joining the FB group. Again, it is private if that is your main concern. It will probably be more beneficials than anything else. Alas, it is your choice. While I think email list serve are great, FB just have more to offer.

For those that have already got accepted and are thinking about going, what was your reasons for choosing Belmont over the other schools you were accepted to?

Does anyone know how many seats are still available?

For those that have already got accepted and are thinking about going, what was your reasons for choosing Belmont over the other schools you were accepted to?

I was accepted at two other schools. LECOM-Erie and Midwestern-Glendale. I was totally *under*whelmed by LECOM. I thought their program was horrible. Midwestern was decent and the fact that it was 3 years over four was a huge plus. It was a tough decision.

There were a few things that made me decide on Belmont over Midwestern.

1) The students at Midwestern were excited to be in pharmacy school, and they happened to be going to school at Midwestern. However, the students at Belmont were excited to be going to Belmont, and they happened to be in pharmacy school. The fact that the student body were excited to be going to that particular school said a lot.

2) The faculty seemed to care. At Midwestern it didn't seem to matter to them if you, or someone else, got in. As long as they filled the spots and got their money. Belmont seemed to care about it's students. Talking with a current pharmacy student I was told that there are student advocates that can bring up issues with professors that actually get addressed and corrected. Most schools aren't like that.

3) Their clinical connections. I'm interested in clinical pharmacy. Midwestern is geared towards retail pharmacy. Belmont's Dean of Pharmacy has a huge tie in with Vanderbilt medical. I'm hoping that opens doors for rotations and possibly intern work.

4) The one downside was that I'm loosing aprox $80,000 going to Belmont v. Midwestern. It was something that gnawed at me until I brought it up to one of the pharmacists I work with. He's an old salty guy who's been a pharmacist for 30+ years. And he said this, "In twenty years it won't matter how much money you lost going to pharmacy school. But it will matter *where* you went to pharmacy school." It put it into perspective for me.

Before people ask how I came up with the $80,000 figure here it is. Tuition for Midwestern 3 years @ $36,500/year = $109,500. Tuition for Belmont 4 years @ $24,000/year = $96,000. The difference is $13,500. However, since Midestern is 3 years you would be graduating and making a pharmacist salary for a year before you would graduate from Belmont. So one years salary minus the $13,500 difference in tuition is approx $80,000.

In the end it was this. While I know pharmacists make a pretty good pay check, it's not why I got into this field. If the pay check was the only reason I wanted to be a pharmacist I would have went to Midwestern because it made so much more sense financially. But for me, being a pharmacist is more than just the pay check. So I decided to go where I thought I would get the best education which is why I chose Belmont.

I was accepted at two other schools. LECOM-Erie and Midwestern-Glendale. I was totally *under*whelmed by LECOM. I thought their program was horrible. Midwestern was decent and the fact that it was 3 years over four was a huge plus. It was a tough decision.

There were a few things that made me decide on Belmont over Midwestern.

1) The students at Midwestern were excited to be in pharmacy school, and they happened to be going to school at Midwestern. However, the students at Belmont were excited to be going to Belmont, and they happened to be in pharmacy school. The fact that the student body were excited to be going to that particular school said a lot.

2) The faculty seemed to care. At Midwestern it didn't seem to matter to them if you, or someone else, got in. As long as they filled the spots and got their money. Belmont seemed to care about it's students. Talking with a current pharmacy student I was told that there are student advocates that can bring up issues with professors that actually get addressed and corrected. Most schools aren't like that.

3) Their clinical connections. I'm interested in clinical pharmacy. Midwestern is geared towards retail pharmacy. Belmont's Dean of Pharmacy has a huge tie in with Vanderbilt medical. I'm hoping that opens doors for rotations and possibly intern work.

4) The one downside was that I'm loosing aprox $80,000 going to Belmont v. Midwestern. It was something that gnawed at me until I brought it up to one of the pharmacists I work with. He's an old salty guy who's been a pharmacist for 30+ years. And he said this, "In twenty years it won't matter how much money you lost going to pharmacy school. But it will matter *where* you went to pharmacy school." It put it into perspective for me.

Before people ask how I came up with the $80,000 figure here it is. Tuition for Midwestern 3 years @ $36,500/year = $109,500. Tuition for Belmont 4 years @ $24,000/year = $96,000. The difference is $13,500. However, since Midestern is 3 years you would be graduating and making a pharmacist salary for a year before you would graduate from Belmont. So one years salary minus the $13,500 difference in tuition is approx $80,000.

In the end it was this. While I know pharmacists make a pretty good pay check, it's not why I got into this field. If the pay check was the only reason I wanted to be a pharmacist I would have went to Midwestern because it made so much more sense financially. But for me, being a pharmacist is more than just the pay check. So I decided to go where I thought I would get the best education which is why I chose Belmont.

Thanks for the response. It was helpful. I was told to not even give a candidate school my time and just go to one that is already accredited, but there is something about what everyone has to say about Belmont that I cannot wait to experience myself. I am crossing my fingers that the interview goes well!

Hey, did anyone receive any additional information from Belmont after you have sent in your deposit? Everyday I go and check my mail only to find nothing there. I would imagine that they would've sent some information out already.

Hey, did anyone receive any additional information from Belmont after you have sent in your deposit? Everyday I go and check my mail only to find nothing there. I would imagine that they would've sent some information out already.
I'm also waiting. I sent express mail in early March, so I could check they got my deposit for sure.
I think these days are spring break season, so, it might take some time for them to precess, I think.

Sorry for the delay but one of your earlier questions was if I had filed my FaSFA and the answer is yes. I filed it around the beginning of February. The only thing I have received was a letter concerning my financial aid situation with a couple of pamplets concerning the different types of financial aid i.e. subsidized, unsubsidized, gradplus etc.

For those who got invited for the April 7th interview, have you heard back from Ginger after you guys RSVPed?

Read post #451

Cinnamon roll- I also have an interview on april 7 and i called friday to confirm that i would be attending and had to leave a message. Ginger has not gotten back to me but I was thinking about trying to call again today since I called later in the afternoon before.

For those who got invited for the April 7th interview, have you heard back from Ginger after you guys RSVPed?

Ive called about 3 times and left a message for her to call me back when she got a chance so I knew she got my RSVP. Im just glad that im not the only one having a hard time getting a hold of her.

Ive called about 3 times and left a message for her to call me back when she got a chance so I knew she got my RSVP. Im just glad that im not the only one having a hard time getting a hold of her.

Hey guys. I experienced the same thing about confirming my appointment. The best thing to do is to email her and ask for a confirmation on her side in return. In addition, I would save a copy of your email or print one off to save your self in case there is an issue around interview time. Good luck.

Hey guys. I experienced the same thing about confirming my appointment. The best thing to do is to email her and ask for a confirmation on her side in return. In addition, I would save a copy of your email or print one off to save your self in case there is an issue around interview time. Good luck.

Thanks for the advice!!

Oh and another question, the email says that family and SO are invited to join in for the formal presentation... for those that already had interviews... did a lot of students bring their parents and/or SO to the school with them?

Yea, I emailed Ginger to confirm my appt last Tuesday when I received my invitation that day. I guess I'm going to go ahead and email her again, just to be on the safe side.

Thanks for the advice!!

Oh and another question, the email says that family and SO are invited to join in for the formal presentation... for those that already had interviews... did a lot of students bring their parents and/or SO to the school with them?

There were a lot of parents that accompanied students to the interview that I attended, but also many students, including myself, went solo. If it will help ease your mind, I'd bring them along!!

i attended the feburary interview and got accepted into Belmont Pharmacy, I already put in my deposit like 3 weeks ago and they have cashed it; however, I have not gotten any information since from them. Is anyone else wondering the same thing?!

i attended the Feburary interview and got accepted into Belmont Pharmacy, I already put in my deposit like 3 weeks ago and they have cashed it; however, I have not gotten any information since from them. Is anyone else wondering the same thing?!

Bmurph, I THINK I remember you in that interview bunch (feb 17th?). So far no news from Belmont. Although I have to finish my taxes and DO the FASFA (probably too late.) They are going to make a Google group soon for c/o 2013. I know because I requested to join the 2012 group and got REJECTED =D.

ericn2k3:
it makes me feel a WHOLE lot better that nobody has gotten anything since the deposit. do i just need to request to join for the belmont facebook group?

I applied a long time ago and I haven't heard a word from them. I called them a few times and all they can say is that my file is complete. I'm sure there is only 1 interview left now for me that is. Anyone have an idea of how many seats are left? Or am I just competing against like 500 applicants or more for 10 available seats?

So far no news from Belmont. Although I have to finish my taxes and DO the FASFA (probably too late.) They are going to make a Google group soon for c/o 2013. I know because I requested to join the 2012 group and got REJECTED =D.

I just had this thought. You might not have gotten anything from them because you haven't done your FAFSA yet. I had completed mine back in early Feb. When I got the financial aid packet it already had info in it on my award from my FAFSA filing.

Although it didn't have any information for "Total Cost of Attendence" which is a big thing when trying to get loans for school. It had a work sheet that you could use, but it was mainly for underclassmen. Nothing for people in Graduate programs. I'm taking a trip out there next week(April 2-6) to find a place to live/job/etc. I plan on stopping by Belmont to talk to someone in the financial aid office to get more details. I'll post what I find out in the Pharmacy Student Section in the C/O 2013 thread.

Just received this email.....

Greetings,

This email is to inform you that we have received your enrollment deposit, which reserves your seat in the Class of 2013. Congratulations! We are pleased that you have chosen to attend the School of Pharmacy at Belmont University.

Over the coming months, you will receive information regarding enrollment at Belmont University, including information on financial aid, schedules, background checks, registration, and orientation. Fall classes will begin on August 26th.

Just received this email.....

Greetings,

This email is to inform you that we have received your enrollment deposit, which reserves your seat in the Class of 2013. Congratulations! We are pleased that you have chosen to attend the School of Pharmacy at Belmont University.

Over the coming months, you will receive information regarding enrollment at Belmont University, including information on financial aid, schedules, background checks, registration, and orientation. Fall classes will begin on August 26th.
When did u send you deposit?
I sent mine early march but no news.
Now, im get nervous and scared :(

I sent mine in march 17. so I think they basically wait till march 20 and finalize everything and then just sent out the email today... like they seem to be doing it in batches...

Cinnamon roll- I also have an interview on april 7 and i called friday to confirm that i would be attending and had to leave a message. Ginger has not gotten back to me but I was thinking about trying to call again today since I called later in the afternoon before.

I received an email from Ginger this morning letting me know that she has received our RSVP. I'm sure she sent the same message to many other people because it says it was sent to undisclosed recipients.

I received an email from Ginger this morning letting me know that she has received our RSVP. I'm sure she sent the same message to many other people because it says it was sent to undisclosed recipients.

Yep I got it today :) Cant wait for the interview.