Ben Gurion MSIH: outreach to Palestinian Refugee camps

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

puraverita

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am applying for acceptance to Ben Gurion MSIH for Fall 2010. I am excited at the prospect of attending this school, specifically because of my passion for international health. I was wondering if any current students at BGMSIH are participating in outreach programs for those in Palestinian Refugee camps. Given the proximity of the Gaza Strip to Be'er Sheva, I was wondering whether anyone at the school had thought to create/volunteer at health clinics in the region? What better way to promote peace and good will in the region than to serve those who are in need. Any ideas or suggestions about how I can find out more about this? Thanks in advance for your thoughtful consideration of this matter. :)

Members don't see this ad.

I don't think, because of the current political situation, that you'd be able to do any work in the disputed territories, at least through an Israeli school. Israelis get arrested by the Palestinian Authority for even entering Area A accidentally. And since the Hamas coup, Gaza is closed off to almost everybody, even aid workers. But there are Arabs in Northern Israel and Bedouins in the Negev that you'd definitely be able to help if you'd like to work with Arabs.