Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Ben-Gurion University of the Negev board scores?

Discussion in 'Africa and Middle East' started by docsamdoc, Apr 16, 2007.

1. docsamdoc

hi, does anyone know of a website showing step 1 scores or step 1 passing rate for Ben-Gurion University of the Negev? (the columbia affiliated med school in israel) thanks!

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. 78222

78222 Guest

Medical Student
    I would reccommend asking this question in the international medicine forum. You are unlikely to get a great response here in Allopathic. I do recall when i was looking at the Israeli schools a few years back that they did have pretty good board scores.

4. njbmd

njbmd Guest
    Moderator Emeritus

Attending Physician
    Moving to International Forums for better information.

5. Medpilot

Resident [Any Field]
    I don't think you will find a list of scores anywhere, but here's what I know...

My class ('08) had about a 90% pass rate. My personal score was 227 (and I'm probably in ranked somewhere in the middle). If I had to guess, we probably fall close to the average as a group. Last years class had several 240+. Keep in mind that we have small class numbers (approx. 25) in the years that have taken Step1.

That's all I know for sure. We do well and we're getting better.

6. a_ditchdoc

Resident [Any Field]
    As far as the class of 07 goes, we did pretty well with both step 1 and step 2. Step one was about average for the US, we had a 92% pass rate I believe. Step two was realy good for our class, above the US average. Actualy, now that I think of it, I am not sure if anyone failed it. If they did, they were quiet about it. In general, our class was well mixed with results. For step 2 the scores ranged from 180's to 250's.

In the end, it is all up to you. Our students generally get a score that relates to the effort they put in. The school provides everything you need to do well, the rest is up to you.