Benefit of PharmD/PhD degree

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

triplerox

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I was wondering about what's the benefit of having the combined degree of PharmD/PhD. And as for the field of choise that you choose for PhD, does it have to me pharmaceutical related? Or can it be anything? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

depends on what u are intersted in... PhD is into reseach. i know i amnot he research type of person . i know i can be one but chose not to...

Pharm D is maunly a clinical Pharm Degree which gets ypu 75% into retail and may be into marketing , regulatory affairs etc..... PhD u hav to do it in a Pharm Subjects cos the main point of the dual degree is that iu take common courses in both and by doign extra PhD courses too you will get both degrees,,

Its a lot tougher and more hours to complete

I didnt want to chose this option as i kjewn i wouldnt do justish to both the degrees and thus decided to do one and do another later if intrsted...

Ooh i see. I'm majoring in neuroscience right now and i thought of possibly getting a PhD in it, i guess i can't get it through the dual degree program. I'm really interested in research though, i was thinking about being a professor as well as a pharmacist with the dual degree.