Oct 17, 2011
Status
Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
Does anyone know, are the Berkeley Review home-study books the same as the books used in the Berkeley Review in-class course? I am planning on taking the Berkeley Review course this summer but my friend has a few of the home-study books that she said I could borrow.

Basically, if I wanted to self-study using the questions in the books before I took the course, would it just be a repetition during the course?

Thank you!

May 19, 2013
Status
Pre-Medical
Does anyone know, are the Berkeley Review home-study books the same as the books used in the Berkeley Review in-class course? I am planning on taking the Berkeley Review course this summer but my friend has a few of the home-study books that she said I could borrow.

Basically, if I wanted to self-study using the questions in the books before I took the course, would it just be a repetition during the course?

Thank you!
I took a TBR course last year so maybe I can help. In the course you are given nine books I think? There are two physics, chemistry, biology, and organic books and one verbal. I think it would be a great idea to start reading it now because the class doesn't go over questions from the book. You have lecture mixed in with questions and usually a practice passage at the end. You are responsible for following the schedule outside of class.
Where are you taking it?

OP
M
Oct 17, 2011
Status
Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
I took a TBR course last year so maybe I can help. In the course you are given nine books I think? There are two physics, chemistry, biology, and organic books and one verbal. I think it would be a great idea to start reading it now because the class doesn't go over questions from the book. You have lecture mixed in with questions and usually a practice passage at the end. You are responsible for following the schedule outside of class.
Where are you taking it?
Hi kgibran, thanks for your response!

I am planning on taking it either in Irvine or in Los Angeles.