Berkeley Review Practice exams

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

phillybabe

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Have any of you taken TBR practice exams? Are they close to the real thing? Any input will be appreciated. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

I just took test II, it was hard as hell! WTF? the format wasn't even the same (only 3 non-passage questions)

Should I even bother doing these?

Berkeley review material is good for purposes of practice. I will say that the scores I got on Berkeley review were right around what I got on the real thing. Test number 2, verbal was ridiculously hard, I would disregard that test. But the other tests are right along what you would get on the real thing. I think if you read the Berkeley material and do all the passage you will do well. I also think that AAMC tests 4 and 5 are most close to what you can expect during the real deal.

For Berkeley, my scores ranged from 27-35. AAMC tests they ranged from 31-35. Real thing I got a 33.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks nray. I was a bit surprised because the level of difficulty on test II's PS section rivaled the difficulty of the infamous Princeton Review A-D tests. Scared me straight into studying more PS!

I have later tests including 9 and 10, do they get easier as you go along?

The Berk. Review practice tests are just that...PRACTICE.

Test II was yuck. My verbal went down from the first test, so that sucked. But, Dale (the head dude) told us that most of the people taking the practice tests mean out at around 8 (because there is no curve, just raw scores) and score double digits on the actual test! I hope this is true.

Yeah, I agree with whoever said as long as you read the material and do ALL of the passages after each section, you should be good to go. Biology and O-chem, at times, seem ridiculously hard and detailed, but I guess this is to help us on the real MCAT.

Good luck....TEst III is this weekend (at least for me)....whoopde do! :D

You know what, that's the conclusion I came to last night. I was going over the answers I got wrong and their explanations were really helpful in getting me to understand the concepts. It was surprisingly helpful. But they really do have to work on the formatting of the test... it's not very similar to the real mcat!

The best thing about the BR tests is that the Verbal is harder, for the most part, than what you will see on the real thing...I was struggling with it on the practice exams and ended up with a perfect verbal score on the real thing, and it seemed EASY :) ...So, just that the practice doesnt reflect the real deal is not necessarily bad - it can be good if it challenges you and makes you work hard to understand your mistakes and whatnot...good luck.

•••quote:•••Originally posted by jargon124:
•The best thing about the BR tests is that the Verbal is harder, for the most part, than what you will see on the real thing...I was struggling with it on the practice exams and ended up with a perfect verbal score on the real thing, and it seemed EASY :) ...So, just that the practice doesnt reflect the real deal is not necessarily bad - it can be good if it challenges you and makes you work hard to understand your mistakes and whatnot...good luck.•••••Whoa, you got a perfect score? That's nutso. Good job, though.

Could you send some of your verbal skills my way? :wink: