Berkeley Review: Shipping

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Reine

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

I've been meaning to get my hands on TBR books so I can study for the MCAT, but I live in Canada so I've been trying to get a shipping quote from them...

I e-mailed them two weeks ago (almost three now), and last week, and still have yet to get a reply so I decided to call them. However, everytime I call all I get is that message about no one being there or they're on a different line :( I've left a message for them on the line, too, but they still haven't called me yet.

So I was wondering: does anyone know the office hours for when I should call them (early morning? Afternoons? Evenings?) with the highest chance they'll actually pick up my call... Or does anyone have any idea roughly how much it'll cost (or who they ship by? I heard it was FedEx... but I'm not sure) to ship to Ontario, Canada, if anyone has gotten it shipped to them before. I'm planning to buy the Bio/Chem/Orgo/Phys combo.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey all,

I've been meaning to get my hands on TBR books so I can study for the MCAT, but I live in Canada so I've been trying to get a shipping quote from them...

I e-mailed them two weeks ago (almost three now), and last week, and still have yet to get a reply so I decided to call them. However, everytime I call all I get is that message about no one being there or they're on a different line :( I've left a message for them on the line, too, but they still haven't called me yet.

So I was wondering: does anyone know the office hours for when I should call them (early morning? Afternoons? Evenings?) with the highest chance they'll actually pick up my call... Or does anyone have any idea roughly how much it'll cost (or who they ship by? I heard it was FedEx... but I'm not sure) to ship to Ontario, Canada, if anyone has gotten it shipped to them before. I'm planning to buy the Bio/Chem/Orgo/Phys combo.

I have trouble reaching them sometimes (and I use both phone numbers), but have found that I have my best luck when calling between 9am and 12 noon PST. They have classes in the afternoon, and the guy who works the phones also does some tutoring and teaching, so he has a tendency to blow off the phone M-Th in the afternoon.

As for the shipping quote, I think you're going to get sticker shock. From what I know (and this is passed down information from SDN Canadians via PMs), FedEx charges about $180 to ship a full set of books to Canada. You are WAY better off buying them used from someone, because the shipping tarriffs are only applied to businesses. Keep looking through SDN classifieds and see what pops up. Used full sets come around from time to time, although they seem to run in the $250 to $325 price range (which is odd given that new is $295).

Thanks for the reply Berk! :) I forgot that they were in PST time, which is probably why they didn't answer when I called earlier. Apparently my previous e-mails weren't getting through to them, which is why they never replied to me.

For those who are interested:

Hi. The quote for the materials and shipping to Ontario, Canada is:

Biology I & II: $60.00
General Chemistry I & II: $60.00
Organic Chemistry I & II: $60.00
Physics I & II: $60.00
Shipping (3-business day): $129.00
Total (in US Dollars): $369.00

The only option we have for shipment to Canada is 3-business day. Also, please be aware that you will need to take care of import duties once the shipment arrives in Canada. Unfortunately, we nor FedEx can predict what those duties will amount to. Another option that some students use is to have the materials shipped to a friend in the United States and then have that friend ship them to Canada. This avoids a lot of the expense in having a business ship something to you.

I hope that helps. If you have any other questions, please let me know.

Sincerely,

Elliot
The Berkeley Review

PS. If you use a credit card for payment, add a convenience fee of $12.00 to the above total.

I am planning to buy multiple sets: Bio I & II, verbal, and physics. I looked at the shipping table, and it states that shipping is $17 for bio, $16 for physics, and $17 for verbal. If I wanted to order all 3, will shipping be $17+$17+$16? If so, that's a bit high. :eek:

Members don't see this ad :)
^I find myself in a similar situation.

I would like to order the Biology, General Chemistry, Organic Chemistry and Physics sets from Berkeley Review, but I'm confused on how much to pay for shipping charges. According to the table, $27 should cover shipping. Is this right?

Also, I have read that money orders are processed quicker than checks or credit cards. Regardless, I would prefer to use my credit card and earn myself some reward points. If I ordered tomorrow, approximately how long should I expect to wait until I see my study materials if I live in the Greater Sacramento Area?

^I find myself in a similar situation.

I would like to order the Biology, General Chemistry, Organic Chemistry and Physics sets from Berkeley Review, but I'm confused on how much to pay for shipping charges. According to the table, $27 should cover shipping. Is this right?

Also, I have read that money orders are processed quicker than checks or credit cards. Regardless, I would prefer to use my credit card and earn myself some reward points. If I ordered tomorrow, approximately how long should I expect to wait until I see my study materials if I live in the Greater Sacramento Area?

The problem is that they use FedEx exclusively. I don't think the prices add per book; I think it's by weight of the total order and the regions of origin and destination.

I have had people from this site offering me the full set for 240 + shipping (as in today), but I don't need them because I already bought books. You should post an ad on the for sale forum and see what you can get.