1. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Visit this thread to beta-test StudySchedule.org. StudySchedule is a free nonprofit site that builds dynamic MCAT study schedules unique for your needs and timeline.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Check out the new Application Assistant, where you can calculate your LizzyM score, see how you rank compared to other applicants, and see a list of schools where similar students were accepted.

Berkeley Review Still Existing?

Discussion in 'MCAT Discussions' started by Lancer, 05.21.14.

1. SDN is made possible through member donations, sponsorships, and our volunteers. Learn about SDN's nonprofit mission.
  1. Lancer

Lancer 2+ Year Member

Medical Student (Accepted)
    Hey guys,

So I heard some good things about berkeley review and decided to order the books a few weeks ago. Unfortunately, almost 3 weeks later, I haven't heard back from them at all, via email or phone, nor have I received any of their books. I tried emailing them multiple times but noone has responded, and I tried calling them, but noone ever picks up the phone (and their voicemail box is always full).

Did berkeley review close down recently or something? Or do they just have really poor customer service? I would at least like to be able to speak with someone there to find out what happened to my order, but I can't.

Does anyone else have an experience with them like this?

Thanks

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. Rhino1000

Rhino1000 2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Yep. Berkeley Review has pretty bad customer service. Speculatively, I think you should get them within a week or so. I got mine about 2.5 weeks after I ordered them.

4. Lancer

Lancer 2+ Year Member

Medical Student (Accepted)
    Did you ever get a shipping confirmation or anything from them? I have yet to receive an email or anything. For all I know, they could've lost the order entirely

5. Apoplexy__

Apoplexy__ Blood-and-thunder appearance Bronze Donor 2+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Unless you've already paid for your order, just order them on Amazon.

6. derrick rose

derrick rose 2+ Year Member

WOW. Im thinking of getting their FL CBTs, but can't you only access them for 45 days? My exam is in 70 days, and I wanna use them near the end. Are any of you guys getting the FLs?

7. Rhino1000

Rhino1000 2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    I did indeed get a shipping confirmation, 3 days after I ordered. However, I specifically emailed the company to send me shipping updates.

8. Strudel19

Strudel19 5+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    hSDN
    hSDN
    Alumni
    Like others have said, they have bad customer service. I hope it works out!

9. Mad Jack

Mad Jack Critically Caring Gold Donor 2+ Year Member

Non-Student
    They have the best materials and worst customer service in the business.

10. derrick rose

derrick rose 2+ Year Member

I don't get why their website is so boring and unorganized too. I thought web designing in that sense was obsolete in this day and age, guess I am wrong lol. Just takes away from their credibility as a professional MCAT prep company, and probably makes them lose customers who second-guess their material and/or who don't even know if their emails are received by them!

About the ads