Berkeley Review

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JennMedeiros

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Thank you to everyone who responded to my question about which MCAT test books are the best. It looks like Berkeley Review wins. :) My new question is where can I buy the Berkeley Review (for cheap)?

Members don't see this ad.

Thank you to everyone who responded to my question about which MCAT test books are the best. It looks like Berkeley Review wins. :) My new question is where can I buy the Berkeley Review (for cheap)?
"If it's on your mind, it's on Ebay"
Enuf said. LOL

I would just buy new if you have time to get them. They only cost $260 for every science book. It supports the company, you get the most up to date materials- that's like 1/4 the cost most people spend on a review course. If you get TBR books, EK question books for orgo, physics, and chem, and TPRH science and verbal workbooks, andd the AAMC tests, you're looking at like $500, and you can recoup the cost of all the books after the test. Why even try to save like $12 by sorting around for TBR books that might be all messed up or old? Most of the time the used ones go for like $40 a pop instead of $65 for both from what I see anyways.

Members don't see this ad :)
Buyg them new. You won't save much money getting them used.

Looks like $326 shipped for the BIO, GENCHEM, ORGO & PHYSICS books ($81.50 per subject).
The $66 shipping fee kinda kills it. Too bad they don't offer ebooks.

well you did ship 3 days, 5-6 days won't be so high.

Well, I didn't purchase them yet, but thanks for the clarification.:oops:
$29 bucks isn't too bad for shipping the eight books. Comes out to about about $36 per book delivered. :thumbup:

I do wish the site was easier to navigate.

Thought I'd ask my question in this thread since it pertained to it:

Is it worth it to purchase the Berkley Review books with just shy of 2 months to study?
Which subject would be the best to purchase (assuming I need to give focus to each area equally) if I decided to only get one set?

(I'm a re-taker looking for new study/practice material but I'm not sure if I'd even get through all of the material if I ordered all of the sets from Berkley Review...)

From what I've read about TBR, it's the most detail oriented review out of the "big 3" TPR, EK, TBR. I'm not sure it would be worth the money to you this close to your test date. Not to mention, the ordering process is somewhat deliberate. Just my .02

Last edited:
Thought I'd ask my question in this thread since it pertained to it:

Is it worth it to purchase the Berkley Review books with just shy of 2 months to study?
Which subject would be the best to purchase (assuming I need to give focus to each area equally) if I decided to only get one set?

(I'm a re-taker looking for new study/practice material but I'm not sure if I'd even get through all of the material if I ordered all of the sets from Berkley Review...)

If you plan on focusing on passages and learning by exposure, then two months is probably enough time to get through all of the passages in the books. If you plan to read through each chapter and take notes before doing passages, you probably don't have enough time.

To get the exact count of passages so you can plan accordingly, you should look at the posts from last year's Test Prep Week.

I would buy them new from the company... if everyone just keeps buying them used they won't be able to produce great material... just my thoughts... it is what I did.

I'd have to agree 100%. I've seen listings for used Berkeley Review books, pdf "ebooks", and even unmarked pdf tests on any given day lately.

Not saying it's right, just saying...

The pdf versions of the books and tests (which are usually not BR exams but a scam being pulled by the seller on the buyer) are illegal. Please report those if you see them on eBay.