1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Berkeley Transcripts to AMCAS.

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Retro, Jul 22, 2001.

1. I have sent three official Berkeley transcripts to AMCAS since June over a period of two months, and none of them were received by AMCAS. I called the Registrar Office and they said it is a common problem for most students at Cal. Can anyone from Cal confirm this, i.e. your transcript were not received yet? Thanks.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Scooby Doo

Scooby Doo IEatShavedPussyCats
    10+ Year Member

Hey,
    I called and they received mine...i sent it in twice...once without the transcript form..and one with it..they said they had it so I am content with that.

4. neecie

neecie Member
    7+ Year Member

I'm having the same problem with my transcripts from Cal. AMCAS has received all my summer community college work transcripts, but for some reason, my transcript from UC Berkeley doesn't get there. Anyone know what to do? Does the problem have to do with the office at Cal? ... or AMCAS? Should I keep paying for more transcripts to be sent and hope that one of them actually gets there?

5. eeee

eeee Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

What is the AMCAS tel # for asking about transcripts. Whenever I call, I keep getting a recorded message

6. You have to wait until that recorded message clears... My transcripts were finally received by AMCAS, that is, after sending three of them to you in two months. Hope yours are also received. The problem with Berkeley is that the registrar's office sometimes gets creative with the AMCAS address, sometime they skip the first two lines of the address, namely omitting "AMCAS, attn: transcripts, AAMC Section for Student..." (but it depends your method of mailing and person who is handling your request). So when the mail room of AMCAS received it, it may not always go to the transcript department. Furthermore, the transcript request form may not always be attached to the transcript at Berkeley, and since Berkeley uses the SID which can be mistaken for Social Security Number, AMCAS simply would put that on hold... But I know AMCAS is certainly to blame for this, since many people like different schools had to send the transcripts more than three times.

7. noowen321

noowen321 Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

So if AMCAS says they still dont have our transcripts from Cal...does that mean that AMCAS can't verify our grades and won't transmit our apps till they do get our transcripts?

8. paisley

paisley Member
    7+ Year Member

Hi guys!

I hope you are all enjoying the summer vacation. Have any of tried sending your transcript to AMCAS via the express overnight service that the Registrar's Office offers? I would think that this would make it more likely for AMCAS to receive it. It costs about $24 but I think it's worth it at this point. Also, be sure to include the transcript request form along with your transcript. Good luck everyone!