Berkeley-UCSF program anyone?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by lady in red, Nov 23, 2001.

1. lady in red

lady in red Senior Member

I can imagine not many people applied there, but still--anybody heard from them?

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. BeckyG

BeckyG Senior Member

From what I had understood, the application for the JMP is through the UCSF SoM application (i.e., when you apply to UCSF, you are considered for 3 programs - regular MD, MSTP, and JMP. You designate the programs you are interested in on the secondary from UCSF.) I was not aware that the JMP had its own application prior to the information sent to applicants at the time they receive the other UCSF secondary application materials. If you filled out the secondary for UCSF SoM and the supplemental application for JMP a few months ago, then you might want to give UCSF SoM admissions office a call - but make sure it has been at least 1.5 months post-receipt of secondary (you don't want to harass them too much). Hope this is helpful. Good luck!

4. none

none 1K Member

I can confirm the above. I applied to all three programs and have all three interviews in December.

5. lady in red

lady in red Senior Member

none, probably a useless questions since i took mcat in August, but still, when did you turn the UCSF and JMP secondaries? i turned in mine about 1.5 months ago

6. none

none 1K Member

About 1 and a half months ago too for the secondaries. Maybe a little later, I'm not totally sure. April MCAT and verified 10/30