Berkley Review v/s real test

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

panicking

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
How difficult are berkley review versus real MCAT test?

Members don't see this ad.

No idea, but, in general, assume commercial tests are more difficult. Why not take a practice AAMC test and find out for yourself? An AAMC (III, IV or V) test should definitely be attempted before a practice test from a commercial company.

Some of their tests are much much harder than the real thing but others are closer to the real thing, so it depends on which test you are talking about. Also, certain sections in some of the tests are close to the mcat while others may be much more difficult. For example, the verbal of one test may be reasonable but the other two sections would be much more difficult than the real thing. I personally scored about five points higher on the mcat than any of the berkeley review tests, even the easier ones and even the ones that I took at the end of the course! Again, the AAMC are very reliable and good predictors.

Members don't see this ad :)
I do not attend Berkley Review classes. I've just started working with passages in their books. Are these passages as difficult as those of AAMC tests?

I took the MCAT prep classes offered by the Berkeley Review. In general, I found that they focused a bit more on memorization of detail/irrelevant facts in the science passages. Different test prep companies have different approaches to helping you 'ace' the MCAT. The Berkeley Review's approach is to bombard you with all of the information you could possibly need (and much, much more) so that you'll be just about prepared for anything. Personally, not my favorite approach, but it has worked well for many people.