Berkley Review

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

thehopeful

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi

I was wondering what is the general opinion on berkley review. I have their books and i was wondering how i should use them.

Anyone know if there verbal passages are any good.

are they good as EXAMCRACKERS or kaplan or princeton review.

Members don't see this ad.

thehopeful said:
Hi

I was wondering what is the general opinion on berkley review. I have their books and i was wondering how i should use them.

Anyone know if there verbal passages are any good.

are they good as EXAMCRACKERS or kaplan or princeton review.

do a search. I'll give you a quick low down. Their orgo and gen chem are the best out there. There physics is good. Their verbal passages are great but their questions lack the mcat feel. Way to descriptive, the MCAT questions are a lot more analytical and require more intution. Their books explain everything well. So TAke a practice test and find your weaknesses. Then go and read the relevant question chapter. Make sure to do all the passages in chem and physics and also look at the explanations. if you do, you should do well on the test. The bio book is overkill. So I would use another book. I haven't taken the MCAT yet, but their have been so many threads on this that the information on the books has been ingrained into my head. :laugh: .

At this point, if you're taking the August MCAT, the best thing you can do for yourself is NOT read the material in the books and go straight to the passages. You will be overwhelmed by the material if you read thinking you have to know it all. Only use the content if you're consistently struggling with certain subject questions. And before you do passages on the subjects you know well, go straight for those that test your weakness.