Besides cali, which other states pay more?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Heyyyyy

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have heard that if you work as a pharmacist in cali, you make more money. What about the east coast or midwestern states?

Members don't see this ad.

AK pays extremely well. The Middle Eastern nations (King Saud hospital, Qatar, and UAE) also pays generously for US trained pharmacists. Europe and Canada do not pay their pharmacists what they are worth, so we get all the good ones to come across the border to us.

Certain parts of Texas (south/southwest, DFW metroplex) pay well from what I hear. I've heard unverified stories of some pharmacies in the deep south of Texas not only paying high salaries, but also paying for cars and mortgages.

Members don't see this ad :)
Keep in mind, a lot of those high salaries in California are offset by the ridiculously high cost of living in some areas ;)

I can only report on the area where I live, which is the Tampa Bay area of Florida. The salaries start at 85-90K per year. But, we have no state tax here, so you get to keep more of your money. Also, the cost of living is pretty low. You can get a fairly nice, brand new house in a golf course community for less than 150K.

Alrighty, that does it, Dana, when I'm finished my PharmD program at UCSF, I'm definitely moving out California and settling down in Florida where the wage is almost the same, but cost of living is much cheaper. Here in the SF, you'd be lucky to get a 1 bedroom, 1 bathroom condo for $380,000. I like this area, but I'm certainly not going to shell out that kind of money for an apartment, no matter what fancy name they give it.

Florida's where I'm going! I love big pink Spanish-style houses! The Washington D.C. area isn't cheap either (not as bad as Cali) but I still don't wanna dish out $500k for a little brick PoS built in the 50's. And who wouldn't want a palm tree in their front yard!

The Middle Eastern nations (King Saud hospital, Qatar, and UAE) also pays generously for US trained pharmacists.

Wow. you'd do a long commute for better pay, huh?

Rural West Virginian retail pharmacists get paid well, six figures; and the property values are ridiculously low. That is, as long as you don't mind Friday nights that involve staring at traffic going down route 318 as the main entertainment draw.

i wanna work in dubai ,

1) no taxes

2) give you a car and a place to live

3) u keep all u earn

there are bad aspects social restrictions etc esp in KSA but there are more westerners in dubai and sharjah.