Best and thorough ECG book (doing a project analyzing 10,000 ECGs)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

prash9212

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I am doing a corroborative research project involving analyzing 10,000 ECGs. I have a basic understanding of ECGs and am good enough for ECGs at USMLE level.

Please recommend me a book that is thorough and allows me to have a strong grasp on reading ECGs.

Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
O'keefe EKG is the best. If you do the whole book twice you will have a very strong grasp of EKGs.

A lot of people like Dubin's! Check out the website studybuddymd for the best books by med students in all different categories.

Used both of these for paramedic school; I highly recommend them:
Garcia, Arrhythmia Recognition
Walraven, Basic Arrhthymias

I didn't care for Dubin much. If you do a google search on him, you will also find he was a scumbag.

Used both of these for paramedic school; I highly recommend them:
Garcia, Arrhythmia Recognition
Walraven, Basic Arrhthymias

I didn't care for Dubin much. If you do a google search on him, you will also find he was a scumbag.
Sodomy and yayo aside, I thought his book was ok.

Dubin's is good for getting down the basics, a little light for physician level interpretation IMO. My personal favorite is Garcia's The Art of Interpretation. Amal Mattu's books are also good. Both have a large amount of practice EKG's with a thorough analysis following, while Dubin's is light on practice EKGs.

Reactions: 1 user