Best App to track hours

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Istilldontknow

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all! I'm starting my first practicum in a few weeks, and I was wondering if anyone could suggest an APP to track hours? Also, does anyone have a good template for tracking hours by hand/computer? Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi all! I'm starting my first practicum in a few weeks, and I was wondering if anyone could suggest an APP to track hours? Also, does anyone have a good template for tracking hours by hand/computer? Thank you!
I used time2track, and it was worth every penny. Others will tell you to use excel. I guess it depends on the value you put on your time. Many schools use time2track to keep your DCT updated. Some schools pay for it for you.

Time2track was worth it for me, as annoying as it was to have to pay for it. I discovered it late in my grad program and had to go back and enter in old hours (luckily there was an easy feature to just add in total hours without having to go back and account for each day you saw clients), so very worth it. Had some handy pie charts and easy breakdowns of exactly what activities all the direct/indirect hours were and made it easy to enter in hours for internship apps for appic.

I tried mypsychtrack or something like that when it first came out around 2013 and it was terrible and not user-friendly. I'm not even sure if it's out there anymore because they had such an overwhelmingly negative response from everyone who used it that it went kaput, at least for awhile.

I did get an excel hours log sheet from someone in my program but never used it. It was freely available from a university. Don't recall which, but I think a google search might find it. Or you can pm me and I'll see if I can dig it up from my old files.

Members don't see this ad :)
I would use T2T. You pay a yearly fee of about as much as a dinner at a restaurant, and it tracks more than just hours (e.g., measures administered, demographics of your clients, etc.). Was worth every penny.

Related question--what did people use to track post-doc hours? I've been using T2T through my program thus far and was considering continuing to use it.

IME, tracking intern & post doc hours was a much less rigorous endeavor than tracking hours for intern apps. T2T was great for practicums during grad school to capture client demographics and more precisely track total hours. For intern/postdoc the site had a fancy excel spreadsheet that had been passed down and it was plenty. I think even a non-fancy spreadsheet would work fine too.

IME, tracking intern & post doc hours was a much less rigorous endeavor than tracking hours for intern apps. T2T was great for practicums during grad school to capture client demographics and more precisely track total hours. For intern/postdoc the site had a fancy excel spreadsheet that had been passed down and it was plenty. I think even a non-fancy spreadsheet would work fine too.
Good point. I am looking to be eligible for licensure in as many states as possible so want to be sure to accurately count my hours in an essentially fee-for-service position. But I can see that the granular tracking is not necessary for this.

I am using PsyKey (the website version) and am very happy with it. There's also an app, which I haven't used but have heard its great. I tried Time2Track and MyPsychTrack and didn't like either, but they're worth a look while you figure out what works best for you. I also tried a few Excel and Word templates and decided they would create too much work in the long run since neither generate all the fancy reports or send emails the way the fancier sites do.