Best attending you ever had

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

plop

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
hello! Just wondering, there’s quite a bit of stuff on SDN about worst attendings/experiences while in residency, but does anyone have any stories about an attending (or another doctor, like a resident) who was especially meaningful to them and changed the way they practice medicine?

Members don't see this ad.

The ones who made the calls and wrote the letters that got me into fellowship. I would say that changed my field of practice .

Yes
I had numerous attendings who inspired me. They taught me how to treat patients both professionally and personally. They were good teachers and good people. I model a lot of my behavior with patients from them.

Had one attending who saw his interns were getting crushed with new admits and took all the old patients progress notes for the day. And when the interns refused he said "what you think I forgot how to write a progress note? I got this". The impact of a simple gesture on a bad day will change how I attend in the future for sure.

Reactions: 3 users