rasajdak

10+ Year Member
Nov 20, 2004
Buffalo, NY
Status
Pre-Medical
First I'll introduce myself... I'm a freshman at the University at Buffalo. I'm a mechanical engineering major, but that's probably going to change. My first semester I didn't do so hot...only a 2.645 GPA, with a B- in chem and C+ in calc. Anyways, I hope to one day attend medical school, most preferably the University at Buffalo School of Medicine...Ok back to the original post:

Seperating State (out of state tuition) and Private Schools, which would you all consider the best bang for the buck. Hopefully you all know what I'm talking about and will be able answer. :thumbup: Either way...

Thanks,
Ryan

YzIa

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 16, 2004
Status
rasajdak said:
First I'll introduce myself... I'm a freshman at the University at Buffalo. I'm a mechanical engineering major, but that's probably going to change. My first semester I didn't do so hot...only a 2.645 GPA, with a B- in chem and C+ in calc. Anyways, I hope to one day attend medical school, most preferably the University at Buffalo School of Medicine...Ok back to the original post:

Seperating State (out of state tuition) and Private Schools, which would you all consider the best bang for the buck. Hopefully you all know what I'm talking about and will be able answer. :thumbup: Either way...

Thanks,
Ryan
Does university of buffalo school of medicine = SUNY Buffalo?
Best bang for the buck school once you are in would have to go to Mayo, all students pay either 0 or 11500/year. Good deal.
I am convinced that my "application fee" and all others who were rejected pre secondary (phone interview) for the low low price of 75$ covers some of the scholarships all matriculants receive.

skiz knot

Legendary Dr. X
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 14, 2004
Somewhere in the middle
Status
Best bang for your buck.

First let me introduce myself. I am a freshman...

Boy, I thought this thread was gonna go a different direction. :laugh: :laugh:

fullefect1

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Feb 23, 2003
Mass
Status
Defenietly change your major if u got a 2.645...

OP
rasajdak

rasajdak

10+ Year Member
Nov 20, 2004
Buffalo, NY
Status
Pre-Medical
fullefect1 said:
Defenietly change your major if u got a 2.645...
Hmm... the 2.6 isn't why I'm changing my grade. That's mainly because of a C- i got in world civilizations. I'm changing my major because:

A. Engineering is boring. I'm sorry if fluid mechanics or materials are interesting.
B. The people in engineering only thing about engineering. (At least from the people I've met.)
C. I'm only in engineering because it's easier to leave it later in your career then enter it (there is a specific course listing you have to follow.)

I thought it would be interesting, or maybe it was that my parents thought it would be interesting for me, so I followed their influence. I dunno. Either way, I need to work on my world civ.

Peace