Best board review books?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tsbqb

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Related to my other thread. I would love to have people weigh in with their thoughts on the best board review books.

I did a search on this topic but the last thread was from a couple years ago.

I own Rivers, First Aid (1st edition) and Naderi's "Intensive Review for the Emergency Medicine Qualifying Examination"

Anyone have any thoughts about which resource they prefer?

I learned when i took step 1 that its wise to have just 1 main resource to rely on so I am looking for the best resource to use.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I think it depends on how you study. I myself loved Rivers but others found it to be "too much." If it helps I scored high (DO boards) and I used Rivers and a copy of NEMBR2010 videos (easily found online) as well as PEER questions.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for the responses. Anyone else have any thoughts?

FWIW-I just took the recert. Took the CEME course in VA. Their course and study binder was very high yield. (The course wasn't cheap though.). Also got the mp3s ahead of time and listened to and from work. You get access to med challenger questions with CEME also, and they were okay. Lower yield than the CEME course and book. The questions were very hard, and much harder than the actual test. I did probably 1000 ?'s and it took work to get above 75 on those.