Best Board Review Question Books

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

foxtrot

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know this has been asked before but I wanted to get the current opinions from folks regarding good board type question books for the written exam. I know that the Hall and Chantigian book is really good but I heard the MGH book was pretty weak. I just came across a website called medtext that published question books every year. The latest book is called "Anesthesia Board Review Practice Question for 2007." It looks like it might be beneficial but it is really expensive. Any opinions are welcome.

Members don't see this ad.

I know this has been asked before but I wanted to get the current opinions from folks regarding good board type question books for the written exam. I know that the Hall and Chantigian book is really good but I heard the MGH book was pretty weak. I just came across a website called medtext that published question books every year. The latest book is called "Anesthesia Board Review Practice Question for 2007." It looks like it might be beneficial but it is really expensive. Any opinions are welcome.

Hall is my favorite, but lately I've also started using Review of Clinical Anesthesia 4th Ed (by Connelly/Silverman, ISBN 0-7817-8299-6). It's got 59 chapters, each tied to a section in the current Barash, with 15-25 questions and explanations. Page references, etc. After I've read a chapter in Barash, now I do those questions - takes maybe an extra 20 minutes, but I put the books down really feeling like I know that material.

I'm also interested in hearing feedback from those who have seen or used the medtext question banks.

MGH book is atrocious. Don't touch it.

That Barash Question book is way too detailed. I wouldn't mess with that thing either.

Chattigan & Hall is the only way to go.