jiggahova

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Nov 26, 2008
Status
Pre-Medical
Im sure this has been asked before but I couldn't find anything. I finally started my secondaries (I know its late) and I realized that a lot of the prompts ask for why you want to come to our school or what attracted you here. Well I have been basically applying to any school thats near me and fits my GPA and MCAT range, I really don't know much about specific programs or anything. Is there a recommended book out there that will inform me about schools and help with secondaries?

Transmogrifier

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Mar 23, 2009
Status
Resident [Any Field]
The MSAR might give you some help, but the best bet for getting info on specific schools is to hit up the website and talk to current students. You can check the school specific secondary threads from last year to see what people had to say.

BlueElmo

10+ Year Member
Sep 7, 2006
Status
Medical Student
The MSAR might give you some help, but the best bet for getting info on specific schools is to hit up the website and talk to current students. You can check the school specific secondary threads from last year to see what people had to say.
This. Look up their websites. The best resource.

OP
jiggahova

jiggahova

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Nov 26, 2008
Status
Pre-Medical
Websites are def. helpful but i feel if i take all the good things websites say about their own school and put them in my secondary it wont look good. What kind of stats does the MSAR include. I know it has GPA and MCAT but does it include specific things like percent of students who matched into their first choice specialty.