Best Book(s) For EM Rotation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Pegasus

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I begin my EM rotation next week, and I was just wondering if there was a certain pocket sized book that would be great to use during the rotation, one that will help me look smart ;)

Thanks
Pegasus
:D

Members don't see this ad.

I bought baby tintinalli for my med school rotation, but have since gotten 5 min emerg consult for my pda, which is something i actually refer to (i don't carry around the book anymore; it just sits at my house).

there was a thread a while back (maybe may or june even?) that had some really good info on books for rotations. I liket the "Just the Facts in EM" condensed version of tintinalli's. Very REadable..but not for pockets. See if you can't find that old thread.

Members don't see this ad :)
Get Emergency Medicine Secrets. It's part of the secrets series for just about every rotation. Super-easy format to read---asks a question and then answers it. You can cover a lot of topics in a short period of time. Covers all of the info you need to know for an EM rotation, especially the stuff you get asked by attendings.

Whatever you do don't try and wade through Rosen or the heavy Tintinalli during your rotation. You'll get about 50 pages by the end of the month.

Just read the intial question again and the secrets book is not exactly pocket sized. But it is still an ideal book for an EM rotation.