Best books, blogs, videos, and podcast for new practice owner

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

3tacos

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

Could you provide me the best books, blogs, videos, and podcast for new practice owner? I am a new grad looking at purchasing a dental office. Any advise is appreciated! Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Well, it depends. Everyone has a preference in what they wish to learn and develop an interest in.

I would subscribe to a lot of YouTube channels that produce daily good content. Here is my list:

- DentalTown by Howard Farran: Daily videos of 1h+ interviews with experts and discussions in Dentistry.
- CNBC Television, Bloomberg Markets, MarketWatch: Up to date financial and economic news in 1-3 mins videos.
- The Atlantic, The Guardian, Vox, Frontline, Vice News, PBS News Hours, NPR, etc... : In depth topics on national issues.
- Meet Kevin, Dave Ramsey Show, Ryan Serhant, ProducerMichael, etc: Some cool daily videos from personal finances to investing in real estate from actual people who did it.
- TED, VisualPolitik EN, American Enterprise Institute, etc: Dive into more random knowledge and beyond.

I use to read a lot of books, but I realized I’m more of a visual person and like my content as “get to the point” or “cut to the chase”. I’m not saying books are waste of your time, but when subscribed to commentary content - I’m able to multi task (listen to them while driving my car, taking a relaxing bath after a long day at work, running on my NordicTrack, etc). Time is more precious than anything, so try to condense learning something new through a video or an audio while doing something productive at the same time.

Reactions: 2 users
Thats a huge help! I have the same get to the point personality so I will definitely utilize those resources. Thank you!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
What ever you do stay away from the snake-oil-salesy types. You will be able to identify them by their reliance on b*ll ****, lack of substance and appeals to emotion. They will not teach you anything that you could learn from a small business book.

Reactions: 2 users