Best Books for Content Review ?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Chromium Surfer

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I am rising sophomore that has completed general bio, physics, chem, and intro to psychology. I will be taking orgo this year, as well as sociology, and potentially biochem.
My question is what are the best books that provide the most comprehensive review of the subjects I have already completed, and will complete this year? I want to make sure I have the content down before I start doing practice tests. Thank you for your time and all opinions are appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

Yes I have used it, I just wanted to see if anyone had a condensed list of recommended books used for each section. I also just wanted to get multiple opinions in one place as well

I think what Dreamstoo (and the community in general) is promoting is fewer threads asking the same question. Just about twenty posts below yours was this one here with essentially the same time title. It would be best to consolidate threads to keep the replies in one place.

What might prove helpful is to start with the pinnacle of all posts on this topic by clicking here. That should give you a fair complete answer.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi everyone,

I am rising sophomore that has completed general bio, physics, chem, and intro to psychology. I will be taking orgo this year, as well as sociology, and potentially biochem.
My question is what are the best books that provide the most comprehensive review of the subjects I have already completed, and will complete this year? I want to make sure I have the content down before I start doing practice tests. Thank you for your time and all opinions are appreciated!

I was in your shoes not long ago. I started well before my test date. What I found helpful was that I had time to look at all of the materials and decide which one I liked best. In retrospect, that might have been a waste of time because I ended up agree across the board with SN2's recommendations. But it felt better finding it out for myself.

If you really want to learn it and you're reasonably smart, then there is nothing better for the sciences that TBR. What I liked best was that they taught me how to think about questions rather than rely on recall.

You have plenty of time on your hands, so you would do well to review TBR completely and then mix TBR passages with EK questions to work on application once you start your serious studying.

I was in your shoes not long ago. I started well before my test date. What I found helpful was that I had time to look at all of the materials and decide which one I liked best. In retrospect, that might have been a waste of time because I ended up agree across the board with SN2's recommendations. But it felt better finding it out for myself.

If you really want to learn it and you're reasonably smart, then there is nothing better for the sciences that TBR. What I liked best was that they taught me how to think about questions rather than rely on recall.

You have plenty of time on your hands, so you would do well to review TBR completely and then mix TBR passages with EK questions to work on application once you start your serious studying.
Thank you for your response! I will look into TBR, but from what I've heard and seen, I don't believe that the TBR has any 2015 MCAT books? I could be wrong though!

I will look into TBR, but from what I've heard and seen, I don't believe that the TBR has any 2015 MCAT books? I could be wrong though!

The biology book is a 2015 version (as of June) and the organic chemistry (with biochemistry) book is a 2015 version (as of any day now). The physics book and the general chemistry book are due out over the next two months.

The biology book is a 2015 version (as of June) and the organic chemistry (with biochemistry) book is a 2015 version (as of any day now). The physics book and the general chemistry book are due out over the next two months.
Thank you for the reply, when are the CARS and Psych/Soc books expected to be released?