Best Books for Interview Prep

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

olemissbabydoc

Baby Doctor
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was thinking with all the interview questions floating around maybe someone had some insight on books - ethics, current medical issues, etc that could help out those of us applying this year?

Any takers?

Members don't see this ad.

I can't recomend any books ( did not use any), but you should take advantage of SDN interview feedback questions. Some of the questions keep coming back over and over.
You can also check out the University of Washington school of medicine bioethics webpage. That is what I used to prepare and It helped me a lot.

I can't recomend any books ( did not use any), but you should take advantage of SDN interview feedback questions. Some of the questions keep coming back over and over.
You can also check out the University of Washington school of medicine bioethics webpage. That is what I used to prepare and It helped me a lot.

Very, very true... I used SDN interview feedback to prepare for interviews. During my preparation, I came across a question that I didn't feel like preparing an answer for, thinking, "Nobody will ask me that." Sure enough my very first interviewer posed that same question to me.

Members don't see this ad :)
There is a pretty long thread with rec's. I think it was started by VaulterGirl. Not sure about that part though.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was thinking with all the interview questions floating around maybe someone had some insight on books - ethics, current medical issues, etc that could help out those of us applying this year?

Any takers?

I posted an entry about this on my blog about a week back. Check it out.

I'd be willing to post on how I prepared if you're interested. Let me know.