best books for pain

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

arik79

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey everyone, relatively new pain fellow here. wanted to know if people had any thoughts on what they would buy for pain for practical purposes during the year and eventual pain boards next year. thanks!
i.e. Like a top 5 list.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
anyone else have book preferences?

ISIS practice guidelines for bread and butter spine procedures. Fenton-dont love it. Waldman got trashed in a recent post but ok for zebras.

Now that people are finishing their fellowship, it would be helpful to resurrect this old thread and for current fellows if you could give your account of which books you particularly found helpful and for what reasons?
Books that had good imaging, details and evidence based approaches.
Wang for fluoro-
Any comments on Slipman's interventional spine? or comparable concise texts... Bonica? vs Raj
I personally don't like the Waldman texts, they are small, too simple, images-- sketches and over-priced. Only my opinion. FWIW

Rathmell and the ISIS practice guidelines are good for beginning, set up, approaches and images. (they take the place of Fenton)
Pain Secrets seemed ok, nothing too detailed of course in that type of format.

For review books, Pain: just the facts (Wallace) and Beyond Pain (Thomas Moshiri) seemed liked good board review books and basic overview type of book. Though I admit I have not thoroughly read these last two, only glanced at.
Feel free to make comments!

Maybe we could make it a sticky?

Last edited: