Best books for Studying AND ITE Prep

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cognitus

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm currently in the process of applying to anesthesiology residencies. While I haven't even matched to a program yet, I want to start creating the best library that will enable me to thrive clinically AND perform very well on the ITEs. I already passed Step 3, so I don't have to worry about studying for that during my intern year. I currently have Baby Miller. However, I want to supplement that with a larger reference text? What are the best books for this? I'm hearing either Barash or (bigger) Miller. Also, when I read up for cases, I want to prepare for ITEs as well as the basic physiology and pharmacology exam that I will have to take at the end of the CA-1 year. What is the best preparation for these tests? I see that I can get 1990-1996 ITE questions. I am also seeing that ACE questions and Big Blue are good preparation tools. As I will be a resident with limited funds, I plan to get only one board/ITE preparation tool. Any advice on what I should use? Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I'm currently in the process of applying to anesthesiology residencies. While I haven't even matched to a program yet, I want to start creating the best library that will enable me to thrive clinically AND perform very well on the ITEs. I already passed Step 3, so I don't have to worry about studying for that during my intern year. I currently have Baby Miller. However, I want to supplement that with a larger reference text? What are the best books for this? I'm hearing either Barash or (bigger) Miller. Also, when I read up for cases, I want to prepare for ITEs as well as the basic physiology and pharmacology exam that I will have to take at the end of the CA-1 year. What is the best preparation for these tests? I see that I can get 1990-1996 ITE questions. I am also seeing that ACE questions and Big Blue are good preparation tools. As I will be a resident with limited funds, I plan to get only one board/ITE preparation tool. Any advice on what I should use? Thanks

Good to hear your enthusiasm. Read this three times:
Morgan and Mikhail's Clinical Anesthesiology, 5th edition
You'll be set.
Glad you're excited.
Happy New Year!