Best CARS resources for practice and learning?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fieryBanana

Reaction score
Hello everyone! I’m planning on writing my MCAT after the next year’s summer (so a little while away), but I wanted to start practicing for the CARS section now, as I’ll have some spare time this upcoming summer and academic year.

From browsing this sub/other forums, I’ve created a list of CARS resources which people commonly seem to use (and which I could realistically access):
  • The Princeton Review CARS Skills Review
  • The Princeton Review CARS Workbook
  • The Princeton Review Hyperlearning CARS (or The Princeton Review Hyperlearning Verbal Reasoning)
  • Exam Krackers 101 Passages in CARS (or Exam Krackers 101 Passages in Verbal Reasoning)
  • Khan Academy
  • AAMC CARS Question Set #1 and #2
  • Next Steps 108 Passages for CARS
  • Testing Solutions CARS Bootcamp
  • Kaplan CARS Review
I was wondering what you all though was the best overall CARS resource for practice (besides the AAMC CARS set), and best CARS resource to begin with/use to learn how to approach the section. In general, I want to start with a resource that’ll best teach me how to approach the section rather than randomly doing passages and coming up with a less-than-effective strategy.

Thank you guys very much for the help, and sorry if this question/a similar question has already been asked!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Thanks so much for your reply MCATKINGS, it's extremely helpful!

In terms of CARS preparation, I was hoping to start by using the TPR CARS Skills Review Book this summer, then working my way through TPR Hyperlearning Reasoning book in the fall semester, and then the Testing Solutions Free Guide (or Bootcamp) for the Winter Semester.

In terms of actually developing an effective strategy to approach CARS, which resource do you think would be the best? I've heard good things about the EK Reasoning Book or the Testing Solutions course, but want to make sure I'm not wasting time/money on resources that might not be that helpful.

Once again, thank you very much for your help, it means a whole lot!