Best CD-ROM for Anatomy?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ryanpj

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
what is it and where can I get it?

Members don't see this ad.

I hear A.D.A.M. is good but call the bookstore at the med school and ask them, they should have a connection. Most software retailers sell the watered down h.s./college edition.

I used A.D.A.M Practice Practical. This CD allows you to choose the sytem or systems you want to study and then it will randomly put up pictures of drawings, cadavers, or radiographs. It pins various structures, and you can set it to either test you (so that you have to type in the answer) or the answer just appears when you put the mouse over the pin. I found it real useful right before a practical exam after I had studied the material pretty well. I hihgly recommend it (they shoudl give me some commission I think!)
biggrin.gif

Members don't see this ad :)
I am going to jump in and take advantage of the free advertising. I also used ADAM Practice Practical during my first year. It is very good, particularly because you can set it up to give you a time limit, just like the real thing (minus the smell
smile.gif
)and you can also select what kind of stuff you want to cover. I found it pretty challenging.

So, now I will throw in my advertising in: I am selling my copy, since I don't need it anymore (I hope NEVER EVER have to be a MS1 again!!!!). So, if anyone is interested, let me know and I will e-mail you.

hey UHS 2002 how much?

I am asking for $30, plus whatever it takes to mail it (should be about $3 or so). This is about $15 cheaper than the cheapest price on the net (range $99-$36 plus S/H). If interested, leave me your e-mail address.

Netter is the best and when you join AMSA you get it for free. It is a great learning tool and has a few different quiz stlyes. I had adam and used it in undergrad and wasn't too fond of it.

Netter is great.

------------------
Carrie
KCOM '03

I agree with Carrie that the Netter CD is the best but no CD-ROM is ever going to replace the "gold standard" (i.e. the Netters atlas). The CD is cool when you're studying and figuring out stuff at home but when it comes time for the practical exam, you're going to be in the anatomy lab with your textbook and probe figuring out all the structures.

I've also used this CD called "Human Anatomy" where they have actual cadaver pictures. It's pretty helpful as well.