Technology Best cell phone carrier in Virginia?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

himerenee

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
sorry for the multiple questions but I just decided to look at this site today (amazing I know...) and it's truly awesome!

Anyone here in Virginia (specifically Richmond) know what is the best cell phone service carrier for the area? I know Verizon is probably my best option, but they are also the most expensive. I'd prefer something like Tmobile or ATT but am iffy about coverage there. I'll be moving from California and most likely getting the cell phone here in California. Don't want to be stuck with no coverage and a 2 year plan.

I've seen the coverage maps, but am hoping for some opinions from people in VA. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
What do you have now? Can you just wait till you get there and see if what you have is good? I was in richmond for 2 days with att and had no problems :) Good luck.

Verizon, hands down. (I was born and raised in Richmond, lived there til I moved to TN for OD school) - not only because it has the best coverage, but because most other people have it so you won't be using as many minutes. I had AT&T until I got married, and absolutely hated it. Not to mention none of my friends had it so I was constantly using minutes. I went to JMU, and I would ALWAYS lose service for 45 minutes or so driving down 64. Not an issue with Verizon. It's more expensive but I think it's worth it.

Always been with T mobile, and never regretted it