Best cell phone plans?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

masterMood

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i'll be living in the buffalo/rochester/geneseo area for the next 4 years, if i were to get a plan (that is affordable), and has plenty of minutes so i don't go over the maximum, what would be the best plan for like 30 dollars (40 dollars max), best reception in this area.

i know verizon is teh best, but it does come at a premium for their excellent reception.

Members don't see this ad.

Im at rochester for college (U of R), verizon is pretty good although there are some dead spots (at least on my campus). I'd personally recommend cingular/tmobile (I used ot have verizon, switched to tmobile and have excellent reception).

Hermit MMood said:
i'll be living in the buffalo/rochester/geneseo area for the next 4 years, if i were to get a plan (that is affordable), and has plenty of minutes so i don't go over the maximum, what would be the best plan for like 30 dollars (40 dollars max), best reception in this area.

i know verizon is teh best, but it does come at a premium for their excellent reception.

If you check out the U of R's School of Medicine "Bluebook" it details the pros and cons of each cell phone plan. The bluebook itself is a new student's guide made for and by med students.