Best City to attend medical school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
New Mexico

Members don't see this ad.

I've lived in NYC, Chicago, LA and SF, all great cities for med school in my opinion. But what do you guys think of Washington DC? Other than the expensive housing market, it seems like a great city, especially for med school. Tons of opportunities to get involved with Heath care policy on a national or international level, a really diverse (ethnically & internationally) city, restaurants of every cuisine, lots of single 20 & 30 somethings, great weather/parks, dog-friendly (personal preference), great public transportation, and there seems to be a lot to do when you do get that free moment. Or am I missing something?

Too business-oriented for me. All anybody cares about is where you work or what you do for a living. The only culture I see is the overbearing political one.

Yes sir,

beautiful place to live...indeed,
'Discovered by the Germans in 1904, they named it San Diego, which of course in German means a whale's vagina.'

LOL wow classic moment in SDN history.
Good stuff :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
Seattle, New York City, San Diego

:)

id pick manhattan...with so much time id be studying, might as well do it at a coffee shop in union square..and when i do have time to go out, id like to have the best city (in my opinion) in the country as my back yard to play.

From my interviews, LA and Chicago were my favorites. LA for the nice weather, beach, laid back atmosphere, amazing and diverse food, and everything a big city has to offer. I liked Chicago for the food, architecture, and general feel.

NY was cool but I don't know if it's the best place for a med school. I thought SF is the most overrated city.